Search form

Login - Register | FOLLOW US ON

Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - PM cancels five concessions

PM cancels five concessions

Prime Minister Hun Sen said the government had cancelled five economic land concessions

with five companies due to their failure to meet contractual obligations. "I

decided to sign a government degree for stopping economic land concession projects

with five private companies according to the requests from Ministry of Agriculture,

Forestry and Fisheries," he said at the launch of the World Bank's Equity report

on June 12. Hun Sen said he had "run out of patience" with the contractors,

but did not say which concessions had been cancelled.

0

Comments

Please, login or register to post a comment

Latest Video

Khmer Rouge survivors react to First They Killed My Father

Angelina Jolie's First They Killed My Father depicts some of the atrocities committed during the Pol Pot regime. How did watching it feel for those who were alive at the time?

Cambodia's last tile masters: Why a local craft is under threat

Brought over by the French, painted cement tile making has been incorporated into Cambodian design for more than a century, even as the industry has died out in Europe.

Interview: Loung Ung, author of First They Killed My Father

The story of Loung Ung and her family’s suffering under the Khmer Rouge became known around the world with the success of her autobiography.