Search

Search form

Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - Siem Reap hotel gets new owner

Siem Reap hotel gets new owner

Siem Reap hotel gets new owner

Minor Hotel Group Ltd (MHG), a wholly owned subsidiary of Thailand-listed Minor International Public Company Limited (MINT), has acquired majority ownership of Siem Reap-based Sothea Boutique Resort to strengthen MINT’s presence in Southeast Asia.

According to a filing with the stock exchange last Thursday, MINT, a company that operates hotels under brands including Anantara, Marriott and Four Season, bought an 80 per cent stake in Sothea, while the remaining 20 per cent belong to a Cambodian owner.

After the $6.4 million deal, the Sothea Resort will be rebranded Anantara Angkor Resort & Spa later this year, MHG said in a statement.

According to its website, MINT is a hotel owner and operator with over 10,000 rooms across more than 80 hotels, resorts and serviced suites. It operates in 12 countries: Australia, China, Indonesia, Kenya, Malaysia, the Maldives, New Zealand, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Thailand, the United Arab Emirates, and Vietnam.

RECOMMENDED STORIES

  • Breaking: PM says prominent human rights NGO ‘must close’

    Prime Minister Hun Sen has instructed the Interior Ministry to investigate the Cambodian Center for Human Rights (CCHR) and potentially close it “because they follow foreigners”, appearing to link the rights group to the opposition Cambodia National Rescue Party's purported “revolution”. The CNRP - the

  • Rainsy and Sokha ‘would already be dead’: PM

    Prime Minister Hun Sen on Sunday appeared to suggest he would have assassinated opposition leaders Sam Rainsy and Kem Sokha had he known they were promising to “organise a new government” in the aftermath of the disputed 2013 national elections. In a clip from his speech

  • Massive ceremony at Angkor Wat will show ‘Cambodia not in anarchy’: PM

    Government officials, thousands of monks and Prime Minister Hun Sen himself will hold a massive prayer ceremony at Angkor Wat in early December to highlight the Kingdom’s continuing “peace, independence and political stability”, a spectacle observers said was designed to disguise the deterioration of

  • PM tells workers CNRP is to blame for any sanctions

    In a speech to workers yesterday, Prime Minister Hun Sen pinned the blame for any damage inflicted on Cambodia’s garment industry by potential economic sanctions squarely on the opposition party. “You must remember clearly that if the purchase orders are reduced, it is all