Do you have solid advocacy experience and excellent management and leadership skills? The NGO Forum on Cambodia is a unique membership organization consisting of local and international NGOs. It exists to coordinate and equip members, networks of NGOs, and other civil society organizations to actively engage in policy dialogue, debate, and advocacy on multiple issues including land and natural resources management, environment and economic issues with and for poor and vulnerable people in Cambodia. The NGO Forum is seeking qualified Cambodian candidates to fill the position of Executive Director.
The Executive Director is a full-time staff member of the NGO Forum, who reports to the Management Committee Chairperson. The main role of Executive Director is to ensure the effective governance, management and representation of the NGO Forum and to ensure sufficient funding to meet the mission and vision of NGOF and to represent the NGO members to aid agencies, government and media. Indicators for effective representation include 70% member satisfaction with the way they are being represented and at least 80% staff satisfaction in the way they are being managed.
• Masters degree in relevant field with 8 years experience in management of organizations
• Solid advocacy or policy research experience
• Excellent diplomacy and representations skills and experiences
• Excellent knowledge on management, leadership, economics and law
• Excellent understanding of the role of NGOs and civil society
• Respect and good reputation within the NGO community
• In-depth knowledge and understanding on land and natural resources management, environment and climate change, and development issues.
• Strong analytical skills with capacity to think strategically and interested in a wide range of issues
• Energetic, tactful, pragmatic and proactive individual
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, both Khmer and English
• Not affiliated with any political party
Qualified and interested candidates should submit their CV and cover letter to the NGO Forum no later than 28th November 2013 (5:00 pm) via e-mail to email@example.com, mentioning clearly the position to which they are applying. For more details about the NGO Forum and Job Description please visit our website: www.ngoforum.org.kh. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Nestled along National Road 1, Bayon Beoung Snor is a farm-cum-restaurant. The team grows their own vegetables, which they then use to whip up traditional Khmer food.
The Post's publisher Bill Clough, under whose leadership the publication went from a fortnightly to a daily one, discusses his investment in Cambodia, his vision for the paper in an increasingly digital age,