The American University of Phnom Penh (AUPP), a newly created American-Style University located in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, is seeking highly qualified faculty applicants for multiple faculty positions:
Position title: Freshman Year Faculty for January 2014 - August 2014
AUPP is looking for faculty to teach in the following areas:
Semester I (January–April)
English Composition I
Introduction to Law and Legal Systems
Introduction to Psychology
Introduction to Humanities
Semester II (May-August)
English Composition II
World History I
Introduction to Sociology
• Ph.D. in relevant field is preferred; Applicants with a Master’s Degree and relevant university experience will also be considered
• Minimum of 2-3 years of teaching experience in U.S. Universities
• International or multicultural experience a plus
• Knowledge and experience in student assessment
• $3,000 - $5,000 per month, depending on qualifications and experience
• Western-style accommodations in Phnom Penh
• Health coverage
If interested, please send a cover letter, list of three references and current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AUPP will contact qualified applicants to provide more information and to offer an opportunity to interview with an AUPP representative.
Angelina Jolie's First They Killed My Father depicts some of the atrocities committed during the Pol Pot regime. How did watching it feel for those who were alive at the time?
Brought over by the French, painted cement tile making has been incorporated into Cambodian design for more than a century, even as the industry has died out in Europe.
The story of Loung Ung and her family’s suffering under the Khmer Rouge became known around the world with the success of her autobiography.