The Australian Embassy is seeking a dynamic and self motivated person for its key position of Accountant. This position requires a high degree of financial and management skills. The position is available from March 2014 and, after three month probation period, will be offered on a 12 month renewable contract. A competitive salary package is offered including participation in a performance management and bonus scheme.
Main duties and responsibilities
• Management of SAP financial system including certification of payments, processing and cash flow forecasting
• Maintain asset register
• Budget monitoring and reporting
• Assist in preparing annual budget plan
• Preparation of financial statements
• Oversee and manage debts and advances within financial guidelines
• Management and supervision of accounts section employees
Qualifications and skills required
The candidate should have an accounting degree and at least two years experience in financial administration.
• Understanding of the concepts of accrual accounting
• Strong supervisory and management skills
• Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and accurately and meet deadlines with minimum supervision.
• High level of professional integrity
• Proficiency in the use of financial management systems
• Demonstrated ability to undertake administrative, office and computer based systems duties. The candidate should have a good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Proven ability in a client service role.
• Fluent in spoken and written English and Khmer.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
The Australian Embassy is an equal opportunity employer and selection is based on merit. Only applications that address the qualifications and skills will be considered. The closing date is cob Friday 21 February 2014. Applications should be addressed to:
Even though games such as “Fight for the leaf” or “Hide the towel” are traditionally played during the Khmer New Year holidays
One of 23 islands in the sea of Koh Kong, Koh Kmoch (Ghost Island) has a wealth of corals and other sealife visible through its crystal clear water.
In today’s world of fast-changing technology, Cambodia is seeing increasing innovation in financial services.