Veterans International Cambodia (VIC) is a non-profit humanitarian organization, founded under Cambodian law as a Local Non-Governmental Organization (LNGO). The purpose of the organization is to provide physically disabled Cambodians with prostheses, orthotics, wheelchairs, other mobility aids, referrals for surgeries or medical services, and physiotherapy treatment at the VIC’s three centers as well as providing community based rehabilitation (CBR) services including awareness events, small grants for income generation, direct emergency assistances, skills training referrals, school integration support, and Self-Help Groups/Federations/DPOs formation and support for advocacy and social empowerment.
VIC is now seeking for a Cambodian qualified candidate to fill in the position of Accounting & Finance Assistant (AFA) for VIC Head Office located at Kien Khleang Phnom Penh. The AFA is under the direct supervision of the Admin & Finance Manager (AFM) and overall supervision of the Executive Director (ED).
• Check and prepare the vouchers, invoices, contract with supporting documents for the VIC Accounts.
• Keep records of financial transactions into QuickBooks, making the Journal entries, and post accounting transaction into QuickBooks software on computer.
• Regular monitoring and reporting of financial statements, cash books, list of expenses, bank account reconciliations and ensure the accurate and regular accounting and financial reporting of organizational activities are comply with financial policies and procedures.
• Records cost recovery and cash collection from project sites and submit to AFM and ED.
• Recording of bank deposits and withdrawals, and monthly bank and cash reconciliation according to Finance procedures.
• Timely prepare and report the financial statements and submit to AFM and ED.
• Control and report Cash Flow (VIC income and expenses) to AFM and ED
• Declare monthly and yearly tax
• Prepare expense reports by each donor and all transactions are allocated to the correct project and budget category and inform to all project sites.
• Other tasks assigned by AFM and ED
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and at least 1 year experience in accounting field.
• Excellent skills in Quick Book, Microsoft Access, MS Word, Excel, Internet, E-mail.
• Good interpersonal skills, committed to work, being an honest, friendly and good attitude.
• Ability to work in a flexible schedule and willing to work as team.
• Good working knowledge of written Khmer and English.
Persons with disabilities and women are encouraged to apply.
Salary range: from USD 300-400 per month (commensurate with experience and qualification) plus other benefits.
How to apply: Interest candidates can submit CV and Cover letter with a current photo (4X6) to VIC at Kien Khleang National Rehabilitation Center for Disabled, or e-mail to email@example.com, p.hiep@vic,org,kh, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: February 15-2016
Address: Kien Khleang National Physical Rehabilitation Center: Road 6A, Kien Khleang village, Sangkat Khan Chroy Changvar, Phnom Penh, P.O Box: 467, Tel: (855) 023 430 942, 011 728702, 012 862832
With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern
Two opposition lawmakers, Nhay Chamroeun and Kong Sakphea were beaten unconscious during protests in Phnom Penh, as over a thousand protesters descended upon the National Assembly.
Students at Phnom Penh's Liger Learning Center have written and published a new book, "The Cambodian Economy".