The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is a non-partisan, non-governmental organization, which works around the world to strengthen and expand democracy. NDI has been working in Cambodia since 1992 providing technical assistance to both civic and political organizations.
NDI is currently seeking applicant for Administrative & Operations Assistant position.
The Administrative & Operations Assistant is responsible for:
- Drafts vehicle rentals, and other matters as required.
- Arranges passports and visas for international and national staff.
- Handles all relations with travel agencies, airlines, and hotels and relevant ministries.
- Maintain tracking chart on all employees, including sick and annual leave, education benefits, and medical reimbursement benefits, etc.
- Maintains files of past and current contracts; creates office database.
- Administers procurement in accordance with NDI Washington guidelines.
- Attends to any issues associated with technological office needs, such as phone lines and internet
- Attends to all matters related to repairs, maintenance at office and residences.
- Ensures that NDI’s office is well stocked with office supplies, and responds to staff requests for additional supplies.
- Draft routine correspondence, schedule meetings, answer phones, photocopy and fax, receive and deliver messages, and greet visitors.
- Pay office phone, fax, and utility bills.
- Maintain and update office inventory.
- Follow up on office vehicle log
- Organizes logistics for events – hotels, equipment, food, transportation, etc.
- Assist in receiving visitors by confirming lodging and other logistical arrangements.
- Prepare office supplies for internal and external events (laptops, LCD projector, digital camera, and other equipment needed).
- Purchase plane tickets for NDI staff and visitors, as needed.
- Update schedule for office car with driver.
- Perform other duties assigned by Finance and Administrative Manager.
• Excellent written and spoken English and Khmer;
• Excellent communication and organizational skills;
• A Bachelor’s degree in business administration;
• At least two years’ relevant experience (office/admin management) in an international NGO or similar organization;
• Experience with administration;
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel; experience with Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive, G+, etc.) strongly desired.
• Experience with personnel administration and procurement; and
• Excellent understanding of Cambodian regulations, protocols, and operations; knowledge of IT is plus.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and skill and a comprehensive benefits package is available. The period of employment commences in November, with a three-month probationary period.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should send their application and CV highlighting relevant experience to Chhay Kong at email@example.com . Applicant should also include contact information for three references. All application materials should be submitted in English.
Closing Date: November 04, 2016
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be notified for an interview. No telephone inquiries please. CV and writing samples are not returnable.
Tensions seemed to subside as quickly as they escalated at the Laos-Cambodia border.
Shaved ice, fruit toppings, and a squirt of cream – these are the ingredients to make a perfect bingsu.