Job Purpose: Under the general supervision of the Program Leader, the successful candidate will provide research support, including the collection, collation and maintenance of data. Assist in the dissemination of knowledge and training of stakeholders/beneficiaries. Develop networks of partnerships with target audience and stakeholders. Assist in the monitoring, evaluation and reporting of project/activities. The position will be based in Siem Reap.
Qualifications Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural science or related field with minimum of 3 years work experience in agricultural farming systems, Agricultural research field; or Master’s degree in Agricultural science or related field with minimum of 1 year work experience in agricultural farming systems, Agricultural research field
Skills Required Has working experience with national and international organizations related to agriculture; good oral and written communication skills; good organization and interpersonal skills; computer literate in MS office and statistical data analysis and report writing; proven skills in data analysis using statistical software package; experience with monitoring and documentation of fields activities; work experience related to development
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Provide research support
• Conduct and facilitate field trials and demonstrations including data gathering and field validation
• Assist in the development and pre-testing of questionnaires for surveys and experiments
• Carry out needs assessments on [training, seed supply and promotional activities]
• Collect and clean data from field and enter data into database
• Maintain database and records on [project activities and accomplishments]
• Review and verify data and statistics to ensure quality and validity of results and analysis
2. Assist in knowledge management and training
• Assist in the identification of training needs for [partners, seed growers and farmers]
• Provide technical inputs and knowledge to partners, CBSO, Seed growers, farmers and other beneficiaries
• Conduct focus group discussions and meetings with organized farmers groups on [performance of STRVs]
• Conduct field demonstrations, field days, trainings for partners, CBSO, Seed Growers and farmers
• Contribute to the development of training manuals and promotional material for awareness generation
3. Assist in coordination and partnership building
• Organize meetings with various stakeholders and partners to discuss, streamline and implement
• Assist in organizing workshop, conference, training and field visits
• Develop linkages and strengthen the partners network
4. Assist in monitoring, evaluation and reporting
• Assist in the monitoring and evaluation of project activities
• Provide inputs to quarterly and annual progress reports
5. Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor from time to time.
Closing Date: 15 November 2015
by E-mail: Send your updated resume at firstname.lastname@example.org with the Position Title on the Subject: IRRI Cambodia Application: Officer - Agricultural Research and Development
by visiting our office: Bring a printed copy of your update resume and visit us at General Directorate of Agricultural (GDA), 54B/49F, Street 395-656, Sangkat Toeuk Laak 3, Khan Tuol Kok, Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Contact us at 023 620 3838 or 092 430 671.
In today’s world of fast-changing technology, Cambodia is seeing increasing innovation in financial services.
Post Khmer Editor-in-Chief Kay Kimsong sat down with Dr In Channy, President and Group Managing Director of ACLEDA Bank Plc, to explore the main principle guiding Cambodia’s biggest bank.
At the launch of Phnom Penh's newest market, The Post spoke to customers and stallholders about what the hub of bars, food stalls, shops and live music will add to the city's nightlife.