Staff working on the Australian aid program advise the Australian Government on international development policy and manage Australia’s overseas aid program.
The Australian Embassy in Phnom Penh is responsible for the delivery of the Australian aid program to Cambodia. The aid section office is located at the Embassy and comprises a mix of Australian and locally engaged staff working in a close team environment.
The Program Manager Law and Justice manages a range of bilateral activities across the Law and Justice sector in Cambodia and other duties as assigned.
1. Demonstrated expertise and achievement in the management of aid programs with relevant skills in finance management and contract/agreement management.
2. A good understanding of economic, political, social and cultural issues facing development in Cambodia, with supporting research and analytical skills.
3. Very good written communication (English and Khmer) including the ability to write reports, submissions and correspondence of a high order.
4. Strong oral communication skills (English and Khmer) including an ability to represent, and negotiate on behalf of, the Government of Australia.
5. Sound judgment, problem solving skills and initiative.
Tertiary qualifications in Development or a related discipline.
The successful candidate must undergo a security clearance, police check and a medical check.
It is essential that the occupant of this position is computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, is willing to work non-routine hours and to travel on occasion.
Important: The Selection Criteria are used to assess an applicant’s suitability for a position. Applicants must provide a statement of claims, not exceeding two pages, addressing the selection criteria. Statements should detail suitability to perform the duties of the position including personal qualities, experience, skills and knowledge relative to the selection criteria.
Deadline for applications: 5.00pm on Wednesday 21 May 2014
Applications must be emailed to: Kevin@top-recruitment.com
Post Weekend in collaboration with Le Petit Journal - Cambodge got an exclusive look behind the scenes of the Royal Ballet of Cambodia, as they travelled to Hong Kong for their debut in the ci
People gathered at the CNRP headquarters on Sunday morning, awaiting news on opposition leader, Kem Sokha.