Our Cambodia Office seeks energetic, result driven, change-oriented, creative and proactive service-minded Cambodians to join us.
Position: Area Development Program Manager
Location: Bourei Cholsar district in Takeo Province
Closing Date: 29 November 2013 at 05:00 PM
A. To provide overall leadership and management for the area development program in accordance with relevant World Vision strategies (e.g. National and Secondary), policies (e.g. Transformational Development, Child Sponsorship) and frameworks (e.g. Learning through Evaluation with Accountability and Planning (LEAP))
B. To effectively represent and model World Vision’s mission, vision, core values and identity through good relationships and networks with relevant internal and external stakeholders, including staff, community groups, local church, local leaders, government departments and other NGOs.
1. Fully able to embrace organizational values and possess a high level of commitment towards the mission of WVC.
2. Bachelor of Business Management or Rural Development.
3. Minimum 2 years of appropriate professional experience in management and leadership of a comparable community development program/project.
4. Experience in project and program design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and report writing.
5. Previous experience in advocacy and networking.
6. Christian commitment and maturity is an advantage.
7. Competent in written English communication and Computer literate; Microsoft Word and Excel.
8. Willingness to travel and stay overnight at project sites, sometimes in remote areas
Position: Senior Manager for Urban Vision Initiative
Location: Phnom Penh
Closing Date: 29 November 2013 at 05:00 PM
The urban distinctive of density, diversity and dynamism will required practitioners to adapt system and process within our Urban Vision Initiative office and consider alternative operations to be more effective in urban environment. Senior Manager for Urban Vision Initiative is a key position established to oversee a team within the assigned operations area. This position review ADP assessment, designs, redesign, annual Plan of Action, Budget, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, Register Child growth, leadership and management in the operations. Also to make sure that the operation is well functioning to meet the requirement standard of WVC as well as WV partnership.
1. Graduate qualifications and / or professional background in Urban Planning, Urban Development, or other relevant development field.
2. Four years of relevant professional experience in urban programming, planning, development or poverty issues, of which preferably at least three years within INGOs including in a management, advisory or leadership position.
3. Demonstrated experience in program or project design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
4. Proven ability to manage, motivate and build capacity of staff
5. Fully able to embrace organizational values and possess a high level of commitment towards the mission of WVC.
6. Knowledge of urban development, poverty dynamics, issues, and contributing factors; programming resources and tools in urban community development; Awareness of key sources of information around urban poverty and development, including government bodies, local & international organisations, and academic institutions and other urban context.
Position: Human Resource Officer
Location: 1. Base in Kandal or Takeo Province (1 post)
Base in Siem Reap or Preah Vihear Province (1 post)
Closing Date: 05 December 2013 at 05:00 PM
To ensure the implementation of excellent Human Resource Management (HRM) practices as provided through the Human Resource Department ( HR Dept.) including being the HR administration service provider and business partner to the senior managers. The position will facilitate the recruitment, staff development, staff well-being, staff performance management, and staff retention of the right people to serve in our ministry. Each Human Resource Officer will be response for two provinces.
1. Bachelor degree in Human Resource Management or Business Administration
2. At least 3 years broad Human Resource experience
3. English proficiency both written and speaking
4. Highly competent in the use of standard office software
5. Strongly experience in coordination, facilitation, follow up, monitor, organizational and logistics planning skills, demonstrating high degree of initiative, attention to detail, and critical thinking ability.
6. Fully able to embrace organizational values and possess a high level of commitment towards the mission of WVC.
Interested applicants should obtain an application form from WVC office or download from WVC Website and submit a cover letter, Personal CV, and ONLY photocopies of relevant formal Education certificates such as High School certificate, university degree, etc. : HR Department, World Vision Cambodia # 20, St.71, Sangkat Tonle Basak, Khan Chamkamorn, Phnom Penh, P.O Box. 479 Tel: 023 216 052.
With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern
Two opposition lawmakers, Nhay Chamroeun and Kong Sakphea were beaten unconscious during protests in Phnom Penh, as over a thousand protesters descended upon the National Assembly.
Students at Phnom Penh's Liger Learning Center have written and published a new book, "The Cambodian Economy".