Office of the World Health Organization (WHO) in Cambodia invites qualified Cambodian nationals to apply for a vacancy post indicated below.
|Title: Assistant||Date: 22 July 2014|
|Grade: G5||Deadline for application: 8 August 2014|
|Contract type: Fixed-term||Duty station: Phnom Penh|
|Duration: Post of limited duration||Position No: 360530|
Description of duties
1. Assists the supervisor in preparing the RSC operational and funding plan, maintains RSC financial records and documents, policy documents, grants performance and RSC reports and Committee minutes;
2. Assists the supervisor in organizing committee meetings, workshops and training courses including travel arrangements and performs liaison duties as needed based on RSC programme and plans;
3. Assists the supervisor in maintaining close collaboration and communication with the RSC members, ERAR Team, RAI, and WHO country offices in the GMS, Regional Offices in the Western and South-East Asia and HQ;
4. Drafts routine non-technical correspondence based on instructions from supervisor, prepares informal translation, takes notes at meetings;
5. Screens WHO documents(e.g. proposals, agreements) before processing through the Global Management System(GSM);
6. Processes signed documents through Accounts Payable for payment and places the statement of expenditure in the GSM;
7. Scans documents, creates and sends requisitions through the GSM and uploads the duly signed documents to the Records Management System;
8. Assists the supervisor in monitoring the implementation of the RSC workplan;
9. Assists the supervisor in proposal development;
10. Maintains confidential and general management files;
11. Prepares and maintains transport arrangement;
12. Keeps lists of names, addresses and telephone numbers of government officials, non-governmental partners and other relevant agencies and individuals; and
13. Performs other related duties as required.
Thorough knowledge of office procedures and broad administrative functions. Ability to acquire knowledge of WHO finance and administrative rules, procedures and regulations. Ability to prepare substantive correspondence, and to analyze and interpret source documentation and data. Good interpersonal and communication skills, tact, diplomacy and versatility. Ability to work harmoniously as a member of a team, adapt to diverse educational and cultural backgrounds and maintain high standards of personal conduct.
Education & Experience
Equivalent to completion of secondary education with thorough training in administrative and finance management. Degree or Diploma in Business Administration or relevant field.
At least five years’ experience in general administration including finance/accounting functions.
Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English and Khmer.
Salary and other benefits: An attractive salary and other benefits including health insurance for staff and eligible dependents.
Post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the office. Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to create a profile in WHO’s e_Recruitment website at: www.who.int/employment. Please bring the printed Personal History Form completed online along with three references to WHO Representative Office located at 177-179, Street 51, Phnom Penh before the deadline or via e-mail: Postmaster.CAM@wpro.who.int. Please indicate “VN for Position 360530” on the subject of your application. Smoking is not allowed in WHO Premises. For queries, please call 023 216610 ext. # 81001.
Even though games such as “Fight for the leaf” or “Hide the towel” are traditionally played during the Khmer New Year holidays
One of 23 islands in the sea of Koh Kong, Koh Kmoch (Ghost Island) has a wealth of corals and other sealife visible through its crystal clear water.
In today’s world of fast-changing technology, Cambodia is seeing increasing innovation in financial services.