The U.S. Embassy in Phnom Penh is seeking an individual for the position of Assistant (Interpreter/Translator) for the Legal Attaché Office (LEGATT) Office, Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).
The incumbent serves as an interpreter/translator and liaison/administrative assistant for the FBI Legal Attaché Office, with responsibilities to coordinate investigative assistance, perform oral interpretation and written translation to/from English to Khmer, plan and coordinate training and programs.
Salary: The annual salary range for this position is
USD 12,116 – 18,785.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Education, Business Administration, Social Science, Science or Liberal Arts is required.
2. Three years of working experience in interpretation and translationfrom Khmer into English and vice versa.
3. Level V (Professional Translator/Interpreter) Speaking/ Reading/Writing English and Khmer are required. Language proficiency will be tested.
4. Ability to use a personal computer and demonstrate knowledge of basic Microsoft software applications, i.e. Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required. Must be able to draft reports in precise English.
5. Must possess strong interpersonal skillsto have effective liaison within all levels of host government officials and the public.
6. Must have a valid Cambodian driver’s license (type “B” is required).
The application deadline is December 9, 2013.
Interested candidates must submit applications by email to [email protected] using the “Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174)” form. The application form and complete details on this position can be found at http://cambodia.usembassy.gov/employment_opportunities.html.
Note: All Ordinarily Resident (OR) applicants must have the required work and/or residency permits to be eligible for consideration.