Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in around 120 countries to achieve breakthroughs in the way the world treats children. Save the Children has been working in Cambodia since 1970. Save the Children focus on Education, Child Protection, Health, Child Rights Governance and Disaster Risk Reduction as well as Emergency work. We work with government partners and local NGOs to improve children’s live especially marginalized and disadvantaged children. Save the Children is looking for a qualified and motivated candidate to fill in the position of Budget Coordinator based in Phnom Penh with occasional travel to the field. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in Save the Children’s work in Cambodia as we are growing our portfolio to reach more children and improve children’s lives.
The Purpose of the Role
The Budget Coordinator is responsible for the review & maintenance of the country’s funding portfolio and the country office’s annual Master Budget. S/he will be the key coordinator in planning and monitoring the organisation’s salary allocations, and rolling out a non-thematic cost allocation methodology. S/he will provide support and capacity building to the other departments, in particular to Programs in budget proposal development, to ensure budgets are appropriately costed, in line with good budget management practices. S/he will also play a key role in supporting the annual planning process including the quarterly reforecasting activities. The role will also provide capacity building to all budget holders on how to prepare budget plans and how to effectively monitor them. The Budget Coordinator will work with the Donor and Member Relations, reporting to the Grants Manager.
• Bachelor degree in a related field
• Minimum of 3 years’ of budgeting/accounting/finance experience required
• Strong budgeting/accounting/finance skills
• Accurate and detail oriented with a strong ability to see the big picture
• Excellent coordination skills and willingness to work in a high paced environment where budgets, numbers and their constant fluctuations is a positive challenge
• Experience from working with major donors’ such as AusAid, Global Fund, EC, USAID, NORAD as well as corporate donors is a plus
• Ability to complete work in a timely manner while working on simultaneous tasks.
• Strong analytical skills in order to interpret large amounts of data, ability to identify and bring attention to potential or actual lapses in the budget management process
• Ability to gather facts and data, scrutinize with ease, determine a logical solution and resolve issues with very minimal supervision
• Ability to make independent decision, while keeping supervisor appraised of important matters.
• Good research skills, ability to identify useful information to support the budget management objectives
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office package.
• Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming response teams, in the event of emergencies
How to apply
A detailed job description is available from our website or at the address below. Please submit a CV and cover letter by email or post to the Human Resources Team at Save the Children no later than 05.00PM on 21 February 2014. Previous applicants need not to re-apply.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer. Electronic submission via email or our website is strongly encouraged. Qualified women and disable people candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and called for interviews. Application and CVs will not be returned.
SM Waypoint claims its unmanned aerial vehicles can help local farm and plantation owners increase their yields.
Though the bustling food stalls that emerge after dark next to Russian Market can seem intimidating to tourists at first glance, there are street food treats to be enjoyed by all.
With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern