VA Number: 2016-01
Application Deadline: 24 January 2016 at 5:00 pm
The World Food Programme (WFP), the Food Aid Organization of the United Nations, is seeking applications from Cambodian nationals to fill the following position:
Position title: Business Support Assistant (Human Resources)
Number of position: One
Type of Contract: WFP Service Contract
Grade: WFP Range II/SC4 (equivalent to FT-GS4)
Duration: 6 months, extendable
Duty Station: WFP Country Office, Phnom Penh
Organizational Context and Role: Under the direct supervision of the Human Resources Officer, and the overall supervision of the Country Director, the Business Support Assistant will perform administrative and human resources support for Human Resources Unit as following:
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (not all-inclusive, nor exhaustive):
• Collecting and registering CVs for every Vacancy Announcement.
• Prepare monthly payroll, monthly over time payment request send to finance unit in time.
• Check and maintain attendance registers, attendance, leave reports and other forms and reports for staff and record in relevant WFP systems.
• Maintain and update confidential personnel information and documents, and ensure relevant documents are complete and keep in their respective files.
• Ensure and manage accuracy all staff dependent data, documentations and update in systems.
• Enrollment of newly recruited staff and dependents into the insurance scheme.
• Insurance guideline and claims submission procedures are properly informed to staff.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: Completion of secondary school education.
Experience: Four or more years of progressively responsible work experience in general administrative works.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word, Excel.
• Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
• Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
• Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
• Ability to offer guidance or basic on-the-job training to more junior staff.
Fluency in both oral and written communication in English.
Applications along with a mandatory completed UN Personal History Form (P11) and a detailed CV should be delivered to the WFP Human Resources Unit, WFP Cambodia House 250, Road 63, Phnom Penh or e-mailed to Cambodia.Application@wfp.org.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Women are encouraged to apply. A detailed job description is available on request from the WFP reception/information desk.
With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern
Two opposition lawmakers, Nhay Chamroeun and Kong Sakphea were beaten unconscious during protests in Phnom Penh, as over a thousand protesters descended upon the National Assembly.
Students at Phnom Penh's Liger Learning Center have written and published a new book, "The Cambodian Economy".