CAMBODIAN NATIONAL EXPERTS REQUIRED
Adam Smith International (ASI) is a professional services business that delivers real impact, value and lasting change through projects supporting economic growth and government reform internationally. Our focus is on delivering private sector development and infrastructureprograms that bring the greatest impact and that support the strengthening of societies around the world and the prospects of those who live within them.
We are headquartered in London with offices in Sydney, Nairobi and Delhi, along with major project offices in many countries worldwide. Our projects are funded by a wide range of development agencies including the Australian Government's Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT), the UK Government's Department for International Development (DFID), the World Bank, the Swedish development agencySida, the European Commission and the Asian Development Bank. We also work directly for host governments.
We are preparing for a tender for a newDFAT-funded program in Cambodia designed to unlock opportunities for economic growth and trade by increasing investment in private sector-led small-scale infrastructure.This will be achieved by increasing access to utilities and other infrastructure services for households and businesses, and creating new and improved opportunities for trade-related businesses and industries. The program will work in partnership with businesses by:
• Co-funding infrastructure in direct partnership with local private sector operators;
• Making co-investments with private equity financiers and/ or social impact funds; and
• Undertaking catalytic interventions to address infrastructure market constraints such as feasibility assessments, supporting policy change or facilitating access to commercial finance.
Positions and Requirements
We anticipate recruiting for a range of national positions for the program's implementation team that will primarily be based in Phnom Penh. We invite interested individual Cambodian experts to submit their CVs for the following positions:
• An M&E Expert - Who will develop and manage the program's results measurement system. Expertise and experience of using the Donor Committee for Enterprise Developments (DCED) Standard for Results Measurement is strong preferred.
• Market Analysts - Who will undertake regular analysis of the core markets and the related support markets that the program will make investments in. Candidates should have a strong background in private sector development or from the private sector, and ideally who are familiar with private equity and venture capital in Cambodia.
• Water and Electricity Sector Experts - Who are likely to be engaged on a short-term basis.
Applicants for these positions should satisfy the following requirements:
• Strong analytical and investigative capabilities;
• Excellent business acumen;
• Demonstrated ability and experience working in Cambodia and/ or the greater Mekong region;
• Knowledge of Cambodia's small-scale infrastructure sectors; and
• Strong written and spoken English language skills.
Interested individuals should submit their CV and a short covering email to [email protected] by no later than Monday, November 17th 2014. Applications should focus on results achieved and performance history. Only successful candidates will be contacted.