• To lead, oversee and manage all aspects of a microfinance company established in partnership between a well-known Myanmar business group and Myanmar Investments Limited, a London Stock Exchange-listed investment holding company.
• The microfinance company has been in operation for nearly 2 years and is currently increasing its capital to substantially expand its operation.
1. Develop a 5-year business plan for the company and obtain approval for the plan from the Board and Shareholders.
2. Implement the business plan (financial and operating KPI performance against business plan targets will be a priority).
3. Lead (and as appropriate, recruit) the management team, and oversee leadership and recruitment of the rest of the team, in the implementation of the business plan.
4. Develop and implement regular reporting to the Board and Shareholders.
5. Ensure compliance with all relevant laws and regulations.
• Reporting to the Board of Directors. The incumbent will also be a member of the Board.
1. Proven front line operational experience in setting up and/or managing credit institutions in emerging Southeast Asian economies such as Cambodia will be an advantage.
2. Direct P&L responsibility overseeing a loan portfolio of at least US$ 10 million.
3. Proven experience with group lending methodology and rural loan products.
4. Proven leadership experience in recruiting, training and building a management team.
5. Keen business acumen and (preferably but not essential) familiarity with the Myanmar economy/market.
6. Good analytical and interpersonal skills.
7. The successful candidate will be required to locate to Yangon, Myanmar.
Send covering letter with CV to email@example.com by 23 March 2014.
With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern
Two opposition lawmakers, Nhay Chamroeun and Kong Sakphea were beaten unconscious during protests in Phnom Penh, as over a thousand protesters descended upon the National Assembly.
Students at Phnom Penh's Liger Learning Center have written and published a new book, "The Cambodian Economy".