If you are qualified and looking for a chance to make a real difference in the lives of Cambodian children while gaining opportunities for career growth, you are invited to apply for the following post with The United Nations Children’s Fund
Your task will be to lead the Social Policy dialogue with provincial and district authorities, particularly in Phnom Penh, for programme development, increased public resource allocation towards the social sector, sustainable decentralization of social services, and local capacity building. You will lead a Field Office team of 8 professionals across various programmatic areas, with a particular emphasis on urban poverty focusing on populations living in marginalized settlements. You will work with programme heads in our country office, and lead evidence-based advocacy to influence child rights focused policies, programme design and implementation at subnational level. You will create partnerships and networks, facilitate coordination, and provide technical advice and assistance to government officials and other partners
We expect you to be committed to UNICEF’s mission, and have:
• An advanced university degree inpolitical science, public policy or administration, international relations, or business administration
• At least 5 years professional experience in social development, project administration, monitoring & evaluation
• Experience from leading and managing experienced professionals
• Experience in child rights, human rights based approaches to programming,and local governance
• Knowledge of latest developments in decentralization at sub-national level
• Experience in working withgovernment institutions, development partners, and / or the UN
If you meet these requirements, and are passionate about joining our team, please check full details and instructions at www.unicef.org/cambodia/overview_21378.html. The deadline for receipt of applications is 20 March 2015.
Even though games such as “Fight for the leaf” or “Hide the towel” are traditionally played during the Khmer New Year holidays
One of 23 islands in the sea of Koh Kong, Koh Kmoch (Ghost Island) has a wealth of corals and other sealife visible through its crystal clear water.
In today’s world of fast-changing technology, Cambodia is seeing increasing innovation in financial services.