If you are qualified and looking for a chance to make a real difference in the lives of Cambodian children while gaining opportunities for career growth, you are invited to apply for the following post with The United Nations Children’s Fund
To be responsible for driving a social policy dialogue with provincial and district authorities in the north-eastern provinces of Kampong Cham, Kratie, Mondulkiri, Rattanakiri, Stung Treng and Preah Vihear for programme development, local capacity building, increased public resource allocation towards the social sector, and sustainable decentralization of social services. The incumbent will be based in Kratie leading a zone team of 9 staff in the areas of health, education and community development. The team in the north-east places particular emphasis on integrated early childhood development and care (IECD).
We expect you to be committed to UNICEF’s mission, and have:
• Advanced university degree in political science, public policy or administration, economics, international relations, business administration or related field
• At least five years of progressively responsible professional work experience, including field experience, in social development, project administration, monitoring and evaluation, or related field
• Experience in policy advocacy at national and/or subnational level
• Experience from leading and managing teams of experienced professionals
• Experience in child rights (human rights based approaches to programming) and local governance
• Knowledge of latest developments in decentralization at sub-national level
• Experience in working with government institutions, development partners, UN or other international development organizations
• Knowledge and experience in budget analysis and advocacy an asset
If you meet these requirements, and are passionate about joining our team, please check full details and instructions at www.unicef.org/cambodia/overview_24248.html. The deadline for receipt of applications is 24 November 2015.