If you are qualified and looking for a chance to make a real difference in the lives of Cambodian children while gaining opportunities for career growth, you are invited to apply for the following post with The United Nations Children’s Fund
To be responsible for driving a social policy dialogue with provincial and district authorities in the north-western provinces of Siem Reap, Kampong Thom, Oddar Meanchey, Banteay Meanchey, Battambang, Pailin and Pursat for programme development, increased public resource allocation towards the social sector, sustainable decentralization of social services, and local capacity building. The incumbent will be based in Siem Reap leading a zone team of 8 staff in health, education, child protection, and local governance for child rights. The team places particular emphasis on the impacts of migration on children, and children in institutional care.
We expect you to be committed to UNICEF’s mission, and have:
• Advanced university degree in political science, public policy or administration, economics, international relations, business administration or related field
• At least five years of progressively responsible professional work experience, including field experience, in social development, project administration, monitoring and evaluation, or related field
• Experience in policy advocacy at national and/or subnational level
• Experience from leading and managing teams of experienced professionals
• Experience in child rights (human rights based approaches to programming) and local governance
• Knowledge of latest developments in decentralization at sub-national level
• Experience in working with government institutions, development partners, UN or other international development organizations
• Knowledge and experience in budget analysis and advocacy an asset
If you meet these requirements, and are passionate about joining our team, please check full details and instructions at www.unicef.org/cambodia/overview_24248.html. The deadline for receipt of applications is 14 August 2015.
SM Waypoint claims its unmanned aerial vehicles can help local farm and plantation owners increase their yields.
Though the bustling food stalls that emerge after dark next to Russian Market can seem intimidating to tourists at first glance, there are street food treats to be enjoyed by all.
With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern