VisionFund Cambodia is the only microfinance institution in Cambodia with an international network of 35 countries around the world with the social mission to improve the lives of children by offering small loans and other financial services to families. Our work empowers our clients to grow successful businesses which enable children to grow up with improved health and education. Working in partnership with World Vision, we are committed to long-term change which will unlock potential for future generations.
|POSITION TITLE:||CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER (CFO)|
|LOCATION:||HEAD OFFICE (PHNOM PENH)|
VisionFund is seeking01qualifiedcandidate to fill the position of CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER (CFO). This position is a senior leadership position and will be member of the Executive team.
The CFO will oversee all financial and managerial accounting, financial planning/budgeting, treasury, financing and funding, tax, risk management and administration functions. The CFO is responsible for supporting the CEO in providing strategic leadership for VisionFund by working with the Executive Team to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans and policies, along with providing leadership and management for staff under supervision. S/he is to be a role model leader, and preferably spiritual leader, among the management and staff of VisionFund Cambodia. Besides the role of directing all financial activities, as a senior leader of the institution, s/he is expected to support the CEO beyond the core responsibilities, e.g. in social performance, strategic planning, process re-engineering, savings and other projects or initiatives.
1-Provides leadership on financial and Administrative issues
• Advisor to the CEO and Senior Management on all matters relating to finance including treasury and accounting;
• Submit timely financial performance reports to the Board of Director (BOD), senior management, regulators, VisionFund International (VFI), and other stakeholders;
• Be accountable for the administrative works of VisionFund Cambodia, e.g. procurement, asset management, office facility, security and transportation etc.
2-Leads the development of an overall business plan for VISIONFUND CAMBODIA and the monitoring of performance against plan
• Continuous monitoring of the financial performance of the organization with emphasis in analyzing performance against operational and business plans;
• Manages the development of the annual plan and provides support to Head Office and the Branches in preparation of their business plans;
• Ensures that branch plans are incorporated into an overall business plan and projections model.
3-Establishes and maintains all policies relating to financial management, financial controls and risk
• Research and adopt best practices of finance area within the micro-finance industry;
• Establishes, reviews, and updates financial policies and procedures that are relevant and cost effective to the organization;
• Ensure all financial policies and procedures are in compliance with local business law and regulations;
• Maintains the finance management manuals, including treasury and accounting manuals, and ensures that all changes related to policies and procedures are incorporated in the manual;
• Acts as a member of the Asset Liability Management Committee (ALCO) and furnishes the ALCO with the necessary information for them to make “sound, viable decisions”;
• Performs functions specified by the BOD and/or ALCO in relation to establishing broad guidelines for the institution’s tolerance for risk, and expectations from investment;
• Introduces measures to enhance the credibility and objectivity of financial statements and reports prepared with reference to the affairs of VisionFund MFI;
4-Supervises the Accounting Systems and Process
• Provides technical oversight to the branch accountants in formulating and implementing the branch accounting system;
• Ensures that VisionFund MFI maintains adequate and accurate records including balance sheet and periodic statements of income and expense;
• Provides the Finance Department staff the necessary training and other support to enable them to fulfill their duties accordingly;
• Supervises, monitors, and evaluates the work of the head office finance staff and provides input to the annual staff appraisal for branch finance staff;
• Manages relationship with related banking institutions including all corporate bank accounts and agreements with banks.
5-Manages liquidity and the Appropriate level of Assets and Liabilities
• Measures and controls the institution’s funding requirements;
• Analyze VisionFund Cambodia’s cash flow needs and ensure adequate funds to support its operations;
• Identify potential lenders and take initiative in exploring new loan fund opportunities;
• Coordinate relationship development with key lenders (communication, reporting, compliance, etc.);
• Negotiate contract, term and conditions of loan agreements;
• Ensure the proper control and system is in place for treasury management;
• Develops contingency plans for VisionFund MFI to withstand liquidity crises, and updates the contingency plans, as the need arises;
• Recommends to the ALCO and Board of Directors policies or changes on policies on liquidity and funds management, and ensures timeliness, applicability, and practicality of these policies;
6- Ensures Compliance to Regulators, Audits and VFI requirements
• Ensures absolute compliance to regulations on liquidity, capital adequacy, and provisioning; as well as to reporting requirements set by local regulatory agencies and VFI;
• Attends to inquiries, on-site or off-site, from the Central Bank, other regulators, and external auditors, and provides due assistance to the regulators and external auditors during inspection.
• Key contributor to “Risk Appetite” document and recommends to Risk Committees and BOD appropriate risks and risk limits for the organization;
• Member of key Risk Committees, including ALCO;
• Ensure that the liquidity, interest rate, funding and foreign exchange risk are in control and minimized.
• Perform other duties that may be assigned by the CEO from time to time.
• Must understand and agree with VisionFund’s Mission, goals, core values, and systems;
• Minimum of 10+ years progressively responsible experiences in accounting, financial management, treasury management, and business planning. Experience in risk management, administration and project management or experience working with banks, financial institution or auditing firm is an advantage.
• At least 5 years’ experience in a senior leadership position with strong leadership and management skills. Being a spiritual leader is a plus.
• Have a high level of written and oral communications skills
• Preference will be given to candidates with an MBA in Finance and/or the Certified Public Accountant (CPA/ACCA)
• Possess honesty, initiative, flexibility, commitment, and good inter-personal skill
• Demonstrate high level of ethical commitment and trustworthiness;
• Collaborative and service-oriented.
• Be a good trainer, facilitator, mentor, and coach.
** VisionFund offers candidates a competitive package based on education and experiences.
We provide personal development through ongoing training and coaching, opportunity for career growth and empowerment plus a wide range of benefits package to our employees such as Annual Merit Increment, 13th Month Salary, Annual Performance Team Bonus, Team (September) Incentive, Separation Reserved Fund (known as Provident Fund), Health and other support allowances, 24-hour Personal Accident Coverage, Health and Life Insurance and other staff care program such as Staff Annual Retreat and Care Group.
VisionFund is committed to the principles of workplace diversity. Qualified women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For detailed job description and application form, please visit: http://visionfund.com.kh/careers
Interested? Submit your application form, CVs& Cover Letter by email to:
With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern
Two opposition lawmakers, Nhay Chamroeun and Kong Sakphea were beaten unconscious during protests in Phnom Penh, as over a thousand protesters descended upon the National Assembly.
Students at Phnom Penh's Liger Learning Center have written and published a new book, "The Cambodian Economy".