Chamroeun is a leading Cambodian social microfinance institution working to achieve positive and lasting changes in the livelihoods of economically active poor families by providing a wide range of responsible microfinance and complementary socio-economic services in a socially responsible manner. As of today, Chamroeun is standing in grade 11th among all microfinance institutions in Cambodia in terms of active borrowers with 34 service points in 16 provinces across the country. As of 29th February 2016, Chamroeun employed 332 full time staff.
|Position||Report to||Location||Closing date|
|Chief Operating Officer (COO)||CEO||Head office||29 April 2016|
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Take lead in formulating annual plan, budget, and strategies of the supervised department(s) and involve in formulating the strategic and business plan of the institution;
- Provide guidance and support to Head of Operations on overall management of operational activities, e.g. effective branch management, staff capacity development, credit and delinquency management, internal control, and risk management;
- Ensure the close work of operations team with relevant departments to design effective internal controls and standardized business processes and ensure the availability of sufficient tools in place for compliance checks as well as ensure timely and appropriate corrective actions are taken against breaches and gaps identified;
- Approve individual commitment plans and the accomplishment of each department head and provide guidance and support to the supervised departments in formulating the annual plan, budget, and strategies of their subordinates;
- Be responsible for routine execution of the related job assignments and duties in compliance with Chamroeun’s policies, procedures, internal controls, and applicable laws and regulations as well ensure that the objectives and rationale of such actions are in adherence to the institution’s vision, mission, goals, objectives and core values;
- Ensure the regular review and updating on competitors’ offerings and strategies, PEST analysis, and other relevant macroeconomic frameworks;
- Coordinate the introduction and adaptation of key social performance initiatives and monitoring tools within the institution such as Smart Campaign’s CPP, Cerise’s SPI, Grameen Foundation’s PPI, and SPTF’s USSPM;
- Ensure regular reporting and updates on social, operational, and financial KPIs to various globally and regionally recognized social affiliates as such MIX, Truelift, MFTransparency, BWTP, and etc.
- At least Master Degree in Business Management, Economics, or other related fields;
- At least 10 years’ experience in microfinance, including 5 years in a management position within the operations department;
- Strong experience in operational and credit risk management, proven track records of effective delinquency management;
- Comprehensive Knowledge of practices, procedures and principles related to operations management, marketing communication, business development, and social performance management sufficient to interpret and analyze complex concepts, situations, and contexts and apply it in innovative ways to appropriately and effectively respond to the contexts;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, ability to communicate constructively yet without compromise on sensitive issues, and maintain good working relations with colleagues, subordinates, and relevant stakeholders;
BENEFITS AND REMUNERATION
Chamroeun offers candidates a competitive salary based on competency, experiences, and scope of work. We also provide annual salary increase based on annual performance and inflation, 13th and 14th month salary for Khmer New Year and Pchum Ben, healthcare program, life and accident 24-hour insurance, and other benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and merit applicants meeting the above requirements should submit cover letter and CV with current photo, a copy of previous employment recommendation, family or residence book, ID card, or certificate of birth, any diplomas or certificates to Chamroeun’s Head Office located at 425, Street 271, Sangkat Toul Tumpoung II, Khan Chamkar morn, Phnom Penh, Cambodia or the branches nearest to you or via email: email@example.com. Any detail please kindly to visit the website: www.chamroeun.com.
With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern
Two opposition lawmakers, Nhay Chamroeun and Kong Sakphea were beaten unconscious during protests in Phnom Penh, as over a thousand protesters descended upon the National Assembly.
Students at Phnom Penh's Liger Learning Center have written and published a new book, "The Cambodian Economy".