ChildFund Cambodia is the representative office of ChildFund Australia – an independent and non‐religious international development organization that works to reduce poverty for children in the developing world. ChildFund began work in Cambodia in 2007, and today implements community development programs in Svay Rieng and Kratie province focusing on the needs of children and their families in the areas of child protection, child rights, education, livelihoods, local governance, nutrition, safe migration, water and sanitation, and youth.
We are currently seeking to fulfil the role of Child Protection Specialist to be based in Phnom Penh Office.
The Child Protection Specialist is required to coordinate and oversight all aspects of ChildFund Cambodia’s organizational activities, ensuring that international standards of child protection are fully understood by staff and effectively integrated into all of our work. Working alongside ChildFund staff, the Child Protection Specialist will be involved in program planning, organizing, leading, and monitoring child rights and child protection activities with the overall objective of increasing the protection of children and youth in Cambodia.
Qualifications & Experiences:
• Advanced university degree in Social Sciences, Laws, or related field;
• Five years of professional work experience at sub-national, national or international levels in the field of Child Protection essential;
• Reliable, good planning and organizational skills, punctual and able to meet deadlines;
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a range of actors - from government personnel, ChildFund staff (all levels), communities and sector stakeholders;
• Strong understanding of and commitment to sustainable and equitable community development practices;
• Ability to discuss and communicate with people on sensitive child protection issues;
Interested applicants should submit their CVs and Cover Letters addressing your competencies to ChildFund Cambodia office, located at #14, Street 240, Sangkat Chaktomuk, Khan Daun Penh, Phnom Penh or via email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 17.00PM on 10th April 2016. For detailed Position Description, please contact us via above address.
ChildFund Cambodia is an equal opportunity employer with competitive remuneration rates and excellent employment terms and conditions. Applicants are required to abide by ChildFund Cambodia’s Child Protection Policy and Code of Conduct.
Shaved ice, fruit toppings, and a squirt of cream – these are the ingredients to make a perfect bingsu.
Those who make the journey almost 100km from Preah Vihear province’s capital Tbaeng Meanchey to the 11th century remains of Preah Khan Kompong Svay will be richly rewarded.