An exciting opportunity to work with government, NGO partners, and communities, Partnering to Save Lives is looking for a highly motivated Cambodian national to fill in the position of Clinical Quality Coordinator based in Kratie with regular travel to Stung Treng, Mondulkiri and Ratanakiri provinces and to Phnom Penh, at least 50% of time.
The Role Purpose
The Partnering to Save Lives (PSL) Program is a multi-year partnership among three NGO Partners (CARE Cambodia, Marie Stopes International Cambodia and Save the Children), the Cambodian Ministry of Health (MoH) and Australian Aid to develop and implement a five-year program contributing to the implementation of Cambodia’s Fast Track Initiative for Reducing Maternal and Newborn Mortality 2010-2015 (FTIRMN); an initiative designed explicitly to expedite Cambodia’s progress toward reaching Millennium Development Goals 4 and 5.
Salary Range (USD): 920–1,720
• Support to reproductive, maternal and neonatal health (RMNH) service quality improvement activities
• Technical leadership relating to midwifery and RMNH
• Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting and Improvement (MERI)
• Qualified secondary midwife, registered with the CMC
• 5 years verifiable work experience in midwifery
• At least three years of NGO health program experience in Cambodia
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of RMNH challenges and opportunities in Cambodia, particularly in the northeast
• Familiarity with national RMNH standards and protocols
• Prior experience as trainer or supervisor, providing support and capacity building to in-service midwives
• Commitment to work in remote areas and stay overnight in communities
• Good oral and written skills in both English and Khmer
• Good computer skills, especially in MS Excel and Word, and familiarity with using the internet to access resources
• Ability to work with minimum supervision, and solve problems independently
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Sensitivity and adaptability towards culture, gender, religion, race, nationality, and age
• Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours
How to apply
A detailed Job Description is available from our website or at the address below. Please submit a CV and cover letter by email or post to the Human Resources team at Save the Children no later than 05.00PM on 06 January 2014. Previous applicants need not re-apply.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer. Electronic submission via email or our website is strongly encouraged. Qualified women and disable people candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and called for interviews. Application and CVs will not be returned.