The NGO Forum on Cambodia is a membership organization consisting of local and international NGOs. It exists to coordinate and equip members, networks of NGOs, and other civil society organizations to actively engage in policy dialogue, debate, and advocacy with and for poor and vulnerable people in Cambodia. The NGO Forum is seeking qualified Cambodian candidates for the position of Community Rights on Hydropower Development Project Coordinator of the Environment Program.
In liaison with program manager, the incumbent oversights the project cycle management to achieve project’s objective. The incumbent also coordinates the network and/or relevant stakeholders through policy dialogue, debate, and advocacy with and for poor and vulnerable people in Cambodia. The incumbent represents the network and work as a team to ensure the smooth functions of the network, accountability to budget expenditures, and adhere to the policies and procedures of the NGO Forum on Cambodia.
• Masters/Bachelor degree in development study, environmental science, or related subject
• Minimum three years professional work experience with NGOs and Donors Partners
• Demonstrate experience in project cycle management
• Demonstrate experience in dialogue, debate, and advocacy for pro-poor policy development and monitoring of implementation
• Demonstrate experience in facilitate and coordinate network members and CSOs in consultation with the government officials and development partners
• Proven ability to manage, delegate, and transfer skill and knowledge to colleagues
• Strong experience in the usage of computers and office software packages.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in both Khmer and English
Qualified and interested candidates shall submit CV and cover letter specifying clearly the position applies for, expected salary to the NGO Forum no later than 15 December 2015 via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. For more details about the NGO Forum and job description please visit our website: www.ngoforum.org.kh. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The NGO Forum commits to its policies (anti-corruption, child protection, gender policy, etc.). Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern
Two opposition lawmakers, Nhay Chamroeun and Kong Sakphea were beaten unconscious during protests in Phnom Penh, as over a thousand protesters descended upon the National Assembly.
Students at Phnom Penh's Liger Learning Center have written and published a new book, "The Cambodian Economy".