The NGO Forum on Cambodia is a membership organization consisting of local and international NGOs. It exists to coordinate and equip members, networks of NGOs, and other civil society organizations to actively engage in policy dialogue, debate, and advocacy with and for poor and vulnerable people in Cambodia.
Systematic land registration (SLR) was initially conducted under the donor funded Land Management and Administration Project (LMAP), which originally focused on 10 provinces and the capital, Phnom Penh. This project has since ended, but SLR continues to operate under LASSP and active in 15 of Cambodia’s 24 provinces, plus the capital. There were high levels of exclusion from the SLR process and there were also a number of disputes involving high numbers of households in the urban villages in Phnom Penh. These exclusions were observed to have taken place in the absence of any clear legal process. The legal framework for SLR contains no legal provisions for excising areas from adjudication areas because they are “too complex” to adjudicate, and thus it is not clear what legal justification there is for such exclusions.
As there is lacking of the document and comprehensive report related to the exclusion from systematic land registration program and its impact on local livelihoods; therefore, the NGO Forum on Cambodia and World Vision Cambodia have developed partnership and been seeking a qualified consultant team to conduct a study on “The Exclusion of the Urban Communities from the Systematic Land Registration in Phnom Penh”.
• Proven experience in extensive social research, policy and law analysis and land registration process within or outside Cambodia is necessary;
• Advanced degree or master degree in community development, land management, law analysis or related subjects;
• Substantive knowledge on development issues especially on land issue background, land dispute and land registration process in Cambodia context is a must;
• Excellent communication and writing skills and the ability to communicate at all levels;
• Excellent in the usage of computers and office software packages.
Qualified and interested consultant team shall submit CVs, Cover letter (previous research topics), Research proposal, and Budget to the NGO Forum no later than 10th July 2014 (5:00 pm) via e-mail: email@example.com. For more details about the NGO Forum and ToR please visit our website: www.ngoforum.org.kh. Only short-listed team will be contacted.
Post Weekend in collaboration with Le Petit Journal - Cambodge got an exclusive look behind the scenes of the Royal Ballet of Cambodia, as they travelled to Hong Kong for their debut in the ci
People gathered at the CNRP headquarters on Sunday morning, awaiting news on opposition leader, Kem Sokha.