Johanniter International Assistance is a German humanitarian and development organisation. Johanniter aims to ensure the survival of people following disasters and during ongoing crises and to strengthen the resilience of people in high-risk countries. By undertaking projects in the area of basic healthcare, water supply, sanitation and hygiene, as well as combating malnutrition and ensuring food supply and livelihoods, Johanniter aims to support the Cambodian population to live a life in health and dignity. Johanniter is recruiting Baseline Survey Consultant (s) incl. KAP for the upcoming 4 year Multi-Sectoral Community Development Project in Ratanakiri and Mondulkiri implemented together with its partners Indigenous Community Support Organisation (ICSO) and Human & Health.
I PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The objective of the baseline survey and KAP is to prepare a pre-project / baseline information of the target beneficiaries as per the indicators of project objectives, specific objectives and expected results specified in the project proposal and log-frame.
II RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CONSULTANT (S)
• Develop/ design baseline study including questionnaire for HH survey and checklist and tools for group interaction including FGD with target beneficiaries/ KAP
• Inception report
• Orient, train and supervise enumerators
• Carry out field work together with enumerators
• Ensure the quality of information collected from the field
• Update progress on study on weekly basis to Directors
• Prepare quality report
• Give presentation of draft report to Human and Health, ICSO and Johanniter
• Submit final report (5 hard copies and electronic version) after incorporating the feedback and suggestions from Human and Health, ICSO and Johanniter
III SELECTION CRITERIA
The consultant(s) should have:
• proven experience on qualitative and quantitative research (baseline and KAP);
• clear understanding on research methodology and experiences in using different social research tools and techniques;
• work experience in rural areas of Cambodia
Lead Consultant should have:
• advanced university degree in Public Health, Rural Development or Social Sciences;
• with experiences of having conducted at least five numbers of baseline surveys, preferably of WASH, community health, nutrition or agricultural income generation related projects.
• Ability to write clearly and concisely in English is a must.
TIME FRAME: Suggested 30 days between December 2016 and January 2017. Consultant(s) to propose a timeframe.
IV APPLICATION INFORMATION
Interested candidates are requested to submit the following application materials: up-to-date CV, proposed methodology (3 pages maximum, including time allocation) and budget to firstname.lastname@example.org or at the Johanniter Country Office, #17, Street 306, Boeung Keng Kang 1, Phnom Penh.
Deadline for applications: 18th of November 2016
Tensions seemed to subside as quickly as they escalated at the Laos-Cambodia border.
Shaved ice, fruit toppings, and a squirt of cream – these are the ingredients to make a perfect bingsu.