Oxfam is an international confederation of 17 organizations networked together in 94 countries. As part of a global movement for change, we are working together to end world poverty and injustice. We work with thousands of partners in countries around the world, and employ staff in a wide variety of posts. We work directly with communities and we seek to influence the powerful to ensure that poor people can improve their lives and livelihoods and have a say in decisions that affect them.
Oxfam in Cambodia is implementing an innovative project; “People Protecting their Eco-systems in the Lower Mekong-(PEM) which is intended to span parts of three regional countries, Cambodia, Lao PDR and Vietnam (CLV). The project’s vision is to enhance accountability and mitigate the adverse impacts from extractive industries and hydropower projects in the Lower Mekong Region (LMR). PEM’s goal is to support, strengthen and inform vulnerable communities and civil society in the LMR who are at risk of adverse impacted from extractive industries and hydropower projects.
Scope of the Assignment
1. Undertake a desktop/ literature review to identify and assess the availability of and/or relevance of published evidence to establish a baseline for project indicators.
2. Consult with Oxfam’s affiliates as well as existing and new partners and other stakeholders working in the targeted areas and countries to establish effective indicators for the project.
3. Develop a stakeholder analysis to cover the three countries to be submits as a separate annex.
4. Engaging with partners, communities and authorities to quantify their levels of livelihood dependence on natural resources.
5. Based on the current Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Framework qualify and suggest a list of appropriate baseline indicators and means and frequency of verification Analyze and document the findings and recommendations
6. Develop case studies in consultation with PEM team
The consultancy will be hosted at the Oxfam Office in Phnom Penh. Institutions and individuals are required to request for the detailed Term of Reference and submit the proposal email@example.com, please quote “Proposal for PEM Project Baseline Development”.
With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern
Two opposition lawmakers, Nhay Chamroeun and Kong Sakphea were beaten unconscious during protests in Phnom Penh, as over a thousand protesters descended upon the National Assembly.
Students at Phnom Penh's Liger Learning Center have written and published a new book, "The Cambodian Economy".