The Cambodia Climate Change Alliance (CCCA) is an initiative led by the Ministry of Environment and supported by the European Union, Denmark, Sweden and UNDP. Its overall objective is to strengthen the capacity of the National Climate Change Committee (NCCC) to fulfil its mandate to address climate change and to enable line ministries and NGOs to implement priority climate change actions.
CCCA is now looking to hire a qualified and experienced local consultant to conduct a final review of the CCCA Programme (final review for 5 Results of CCCA Programme as well as the 12 pilot projects closing in 2014). The local consultant will work closely with an international consultant / team leader.
Specific objectives of the Review
• To review and assess the overall achievements at 3 levels of development results (outputs, outcomes and impacts) of CCCA Programmeto date, as well as to identify opportunities and challenges related to design, implementation and management of CCCA and provide recommendations on any changes in approach that may be considered in the second phase of the CCCA Programme;
• To assess how the CCCA programme is related to or complements other climate change activities;
• To identify lessons learnt for the CCCA Trust Fund in relation to the design, implementation, monitoring and management of the CCCA Programme;
• To identify lessons learnt and impacts from CCCA programme (including pilot projects), with potential for replication or inclusion in national or sectoral climate change policies; and
• To what extent the programme contributes to UNDP Country Programme 2011-2015.
• Minimum of a master’s degree or equivalent in natural resource management, environment, development studies or related field demonstrably relevant to the position.
• At least 3 years of experience in conducting monitoring and programme review or evaluation of development projects in the field of climate change, agriculture, forestry, fisheries, rural development or related field.
• Good experience in project and programme management, as well as capacity development.
• Demonstrated knowledge of climate change adaptation approaches and related monitoring and evaluation tools. Knowledge of community-based approaches will be an asset.
• Previous work experience with UNDP will be an asset
• Excellent English report writing skills
• Excellent interpersonal, coordination and planning skills. Sense of diplomacy and tact.
• Ability and willingness to travel to provincial areas.
Interested individuals should first download full Terms of Reference from website www.camclimate.org.kh. To apply, please send a curriculum vitae (including names of three referees) with a cover letter to the Trust Fund Secretariat to the following email address.
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 28 February 2014, by 5:30pm Cambodia time Women are encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern
Two opposition lawmakers, Nhay Chamroeun and Kong Sakphea were beaten unconscious during protests in Phnom Penh, as over a thousand protesters descended upon the National Assembly.
Students at Phnom Penh's Liger Learning Center have written and published a new book, "The Cambodian Economy".