Oxfam is an international confederation of 17 organizations networked together in 94 countries. As part of a global movement for change, we are working together to end world poverty and injustice. We work with thousands of partners in countries around the world, and employ staff in a wide variety of posts. We work directly with communities and we seek to influence the powerful to ensure that poor people can improve their lives and livelihoods and have a say in decisions that affect them.
Working at Oxfam is so much more than just a job. As an Oxfam employee, consultant, or volunteer, you will join a team of professionals working to save lives, help people overcome poverty, and fight for social justice.
Oxfam started working in Cambodia in 1979.We are working in partnership with civil society organizations, NGOs, the Royal Government of Cambodia, and other development agencies to help the Cambodian people overcome poverty and suffering. Our program in the country includes promoting sustainable rural livelihoods, gender justice, and disaster management.
We are currently seeking to recruit:
Oxfam has joined a consortium of 5 INGOs for the implementation of the project on “Building Disaster Resilient Communities in Cambodia II/BDRC II”, funded bythe European Commission’s Directorate General for Humanitarian Aid and Civil Protection(ECHO), under the DIPECHOprogramme. The action will be carried out for 18 months starting from 01 April 2014 to 30 September 2015.The proposed project aims to support the most vulnerable communities to improve their coping strategies and to strengthen the support given to communities from institutional structures in the targeted provinces.,; The consultant will have responsibility to provide support to 4 local partners of AAC and Oxfam, to deliver Saving for Change (a savings-led microfinance model of Oxfam) component of BDRC II in line with the project document.
• A Master’s degree in development, social or environmental science, or other relevant fields.
• At least five years demonstrable experience on community finance or organizational development.
• Proven experience in project management.
• Strong understanding and experience in rural development, economic development, disaster risk reduction or related field.
• Demonstrable analytical skills on sustainable development issues.
• Demonstrable experience in conducting or facilitating participatory policy dialogue processes from grassroots to meso or national levels.
• Excellent command of written and spoken English.
For full term of reference of this consultancy can be requested by email to [email protected] to be sent by emailinclude a CV and cover letter stating relevant skills/knowledge and interest. Please write in the subject heading “CONSULTANT FOR PROVIDING TECHNICAL SUPPORT TO DIPECHO PARTNERS”.