SILAKA has the vision of a prosperous Cambodia society with sustainable development, equal participation from women and men and good governance. SILAKA works in capacity development, good governance and women empowerment. SILAKA also hold the Secretariat of The Committee to Promote Women in Politics.
SILAKA is looking to recruit a consultant to evaluate a project called "Empowering Women Leader at Sub-National Level in Cambodia." This consultancy is to capture the actual result of the project implementation in the last 3 years in 8 districts and 6 provinces in Cambodia. All information and data need to be collected based the project outcomes, outputs, activities and inputs that were detailed in the program document and in associated modification made during the implementation.
Education and Experiences
• A Master or higher level degree in international development or related field to women's political and economic empowerment.
• A minimum of 5 years' relevant experience on project and program evaluations is required.
• Substantive experience in evaluating similar development projects related to local development and political and economic empowerment of women.
• Experience working on gender, and expertise in undertaking gender-sensitive evaluation.
• Experience working in Cambodia and/or understanding of Cambodia political context is required.
• Excellent English writing and communication skills are required.
• Working knowledge of Cambodian is strongly preferred. Consultants without local language skills are encouraged to partner with a local consultant.
Deadline: 28th December 2015 at 5:00PM.
Send letter of interest with details CV to: SILAKA Office: # 55 BC, Street 390, Sangkat Boeun Keng Kang 3, Khan Chamkar Morn, Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
Tel: (855) 23 217 872/210 902 or (855) 12 792 379
Full Term of Reference is available at www.silaka.org
SM Waypoint claims its unmanned aerial vehicles can help local farm and plantation owners increase their yields. Established in September 2015, SM Waypoint now has seven drone pilots, two sales staff and two accountants. Though the company focuses mainly on agricultural projects, the potential uses of the drones are extremely varied, going from measuring exact land height for building drainage systems to finding the most suitable location for special economic zones (SEZs) or factories.
Though the bustling food stalls that emerge after dark next to Phnom Penh's Russian Market can seem intimidating to tourists at first glance, there are street food treats to be enjoyed by all, from Kep crab to a new shrimp dish created by the market's owners.
With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern