The Ministry of Women’s Affairs is seeking to hire a qualified consultant to provide technical and administrative support in the coordination amongst key stakeholders in the process of developing a costed, inter-ministerial action plan to prevent and respond to violence against children in Cambodia.
The contract will be administered under the Ministry of Women’s Affairs and financially supported by UNICEF Cambodia.
Under the direct supervision of the Chair of the Steering Committee on VAW/C, H.E. Sy Define, Secretary of State of the Ministry of Women’s Affairs, you will be expected to deliver the following results:
• Four Technical Working Groups are established and operational;
• The Steering Committee is fully functional to support the development and implementation of the action plan on violence against children;
• MoWA effectively leads, coordinates and support the Steering Committee and its four Technical Working Groups
• Governmental and non-governmental institutions, children and adolescents, and other key partners are widely consulted and their views and aspirations inform the development of the action plan;
• A five-year, costed, inter-ministerial Action Plan to Prevent and Respond to Violence Against Children, accompanied by a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation framework, is developed and launched by the end of 2015.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Minimum five years of increasing professional experience in the area of public policy and administration, social policy, project management or related field, including at least two years in the area of child protection or GBV-related field, preferably in the UN system, civil society or at the governmental level;
• Proven expertise in policy and action plan development, implementation planning and/or monitoring and evaluation
Expected Competencies and Skills
• Capacity to write and speak fluently in English and Khmer
• Excellent minute-taking and report drafting skills
• Excellent management, facilitation, planning and coordination skills (preferably experience with coordination between different government stakeholders)
• Demonstrated ability to establish harmonious and effective working relationships between different partners,
• Proficient using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
Contract Duration and Payment
The contract will commence on the 1st of June 2015 and conclude at the 31st of December 2015. The contract will be signed between the selected consultant and the Ministry of Women’s Affairs.
The consultant fee is estimated at approximately US$2,000 a month, perceived that deliverables are progressing as planned. The actual remuneration fee will be negotiated between the Ministry of Women’s Affairs, UNICEF Cambodia and the selected consultant based on experience and expertise.
Submission of Applications:
Please check full details at http://www.unicef.org/cambodia/overview_20966.html. Applications including a cover letter outlining the candidate’s interests and motivation to undertake the assignment and CV shall be sent to email@example.com. Referents will be asked from shortlisted candidates. All applications are treated with confidentiality. Strong female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 8 May 2015
With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern
Two opposition lawmakers, Nhay Chamroeun and Kong Sakphea were beaten unconscious during protests in Phnom Penh, as over a thousand protesters descended upon the National Assembly.
Students at Phnom Penh's Liger Learning Center have written and published a new book, "The Cambodian Economy".