The Contracts Officer shall assist to plan, direct and manage the contracting of goods and services for the country office, including but not limited to fuel, printing materials, consulting services, broadcasting services, translation interpretation and editing services, technical support, video production and custom clearance.
You will be responsible for
• Managing contracts, long-term arrangements, memorandums of understanding, and job orders;
• Developing terms of reference for commercial contracts;
• Inviting proposals and managing proposal evaluation processes;
• Negotiating contracts including pricing, statements of work, terms and conditions;
• Evaluating and assessing potential companies, institutions and individuals;
• Assessing market rates and looking for best commercial practices to support UNICEF programmes;
• Assisting in the assessment of procurement capacity of UNICEF implementing partners (government and CSOs);
• Liaising with programme and operations units on contractual matters, policies and procedures;
• Developing statistical indicators to ensure compliance and process efficiency.
• University degree in business administration, management, engineering or law with particular emphasis on commercial law and business practice;
• Specialised training in procurement; logistics and/or supply chain management would be an asset;
• At least two years of professional work experience in procurement at the national level;
• Experience with either the UN and/or NGO’s would be an asset;
• Fluency in English and Khmer (verbal and written). Knowledge of another UN language an asset.
If you are interested and meet the profile, please submit an application through www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=494237.