Individual Contractor: Coordinator for the Education Sector Working Group 2016
UNICEF Cambodia Country Office is seeking to hire a qualified Individual Contractor: Coordinator for the Secretariat of the Education Sector Working Group (ESWG) who will work under supervision of the UNICEF Chief of Education.
The purpose of the consultancy is to ensure strong knowledge management and coordination systems are developed within the ESWG and with the JTWG Secretariat in order to ensure that timely information and high quality support is provided to the ESWG Chair, the UNICEF Representative, thereby strengthening the harmonisation of development partner support in the education sector and their alignment with MoEYS policies and systems.
Duration of Contract: Seven (7) months
• Advanced university degree in education, social sciences, international development or related technical field
• At least five years of professional work experience at national or sub-national level on education programming, coordination or policy support in Cambodia
• Experience of working with Cambodian Government counterparts providing technical support or implementing programmes in relation to the national Education Strategic Plan / education planning and management
• Experience in organising multi-stakeholder meetings, developing minutes and following up on actions
• Experience working with UN or other international or national development organizations
• Fluency in written and spoken English and Khmer. Knowledge of another UN language an asset.
Terms of Reference is available at
Application instructions: If you are interested and meet the profile, please submit your online application, and following documents through
• Letter of Interest (cover letter) explaining how your background and experience are relevant to the consultancy work assignment and the qualifications, competencies, knowledge and skills required
• Two formal written reports developed by the applicant on education in Cambodia
• Performance evaluation reports or references from similar assignments (if available)
• Financial proposal: This will be an all-inclusive lump-sum fee proposal for a 147-day (7 month) assignment including travel cost and accommodation for 5 days to the provinces
The closing date for applications is 15 May 2016
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply.
Angelina Jolie's First They Killed My Father depicts some of the atrocities committed during the Pol Pot regime. How did watching it feel for those who were alive at the time?
Brought over by the French, painted cement tile making has been incorporated into Cambodian design for more than a century, even as the industry has died out in Europe.
The story of Loung Ung and her family’s suffering under the Khmer Rouge became known around the world with the success of her autobiography.