The British Embassy in Phnom Penh is part of a world-wide network of 230 Posts, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas. We are currently looking to recruit a Corporate Services Officer (Grade A2(L)) to join our dynamic team.
The Corporate Service Officer (CSO) will have significant autonomy to assist in the smooth managing of the British Embassy’s operations, including finance, procurement, protocol, estate, and human resources issues. The CSO will be responsible for delivering a high level of service to key stakeholders and customers, seeking opportunities to make savings and pursue value for money. The CSO will also need to work in close liaison with the British Government’s regional hub in Manila, primarily on finance issues and will be expected to contribute to wider Embassy management.
• Finance and procurement (40%)
- Meeting the Embassy’s Financial Performance Compliance targets by ensuring all Embassy staff follows correct finance processes.
- Lead on supplier management and minimising the use of cash transactions.
- Manage office petty cash and authorise bills and claims up to a maximum of USD160 and act as back-up cashier.
- Identifying ways to make services more efficient and cost-effective ensuring compliance with FCO standards.
• Property maintenance (25%)
- Manage the Embassy’s estates maintenance programme, scheduling work effectively, and ensuring contracted work has been completed to a satisfactory standard.
- Management of- contracts for outsourced cleaning and gardening services.
- Conduct monthly testing of emergency lights, fire alarms and check fire extinguishers.
• Administration (25%)
- Act as the Embassy’s Transport Manager, including management of transport processes (overtime logs, fuel and mileage records and maintenance costs).
- Act as chair of the Post’s Operations Committee, providing clear and accurate meeting records, ensuring action points are processed.
- Assist with arrangements for official visitors to post, including VIPs.
- Lead on some aspects of the Embassy’s administration and procurement including arranging protocol requirements for Diplomatic officers and long term Embassy visitors
• Staff management (10%)
- Line management of two drivers and two contracted staff (cleaner and gardener), ensuring challenging objectives are set and well evidenced reviews and appraisals are submitted in a timely manner.
- Encourage high levels of motivation and performance, supporting and coaching staff to get the best from them.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following key skills and experience:
• At least 3 years of relevant work experience, preferably in an international organisation.
• Proficient in MS Office suite.
• Excellent organisation skills, able to manage time and tasks to deadlines.
• Proven record of delivering results, including accuracy and attention to details.
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Khmer. Confident in communicating with diverse contacts in country, across the region, and the UK. Evidence of holding IELTS qualification will be an advantage.
• Strong customer focus, initiative, and problem-solving skills. Able to work with contacts and colleagues at all levels and in various locations through different channels.
• Holds a valid passport with no adverse immigration history.
• Holds a valid driving license.
Candidates will also be expected to provide evidence of previous performance against these competences:
• Delivering a Quality Service
• Collaborating and Partnering
• Delivering Value for Money
• Making Effective Decisions
• Delivering at Pace
• Leading & Communicating
The annual salary for this position starts from USD 11,412.
The British Embassy offers a competitive remuneration package, including salary and benefits, leave entitlement, and training opportunities.
We also offer 18 days of leave entitlement per annum in pro rata.
Please send your CV and the completed Job Application Form, which can be downloaded from our website at https://www.gov.uk/government/world/organisations/british-embassy-phnom-penh/about/recruitment to Cambodia.Recruitment@fco.gov.uk
All applications must be received on or before 12 August 2015.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Employment offers are subject to the successful clearance of pre-employment checks. You must be eligible to work in Cambodia. No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy Phnom Penh is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law.
The British Consulate-General is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
In today’s world of fast-changing technology, Cambodia is seeing increasing innovation in financial services.
Post Khmer Editor-in-Chief Kay Kimsong sat down with Dr In Channy, President and Group Managing Director of ACLEDA Bank Plc, to explore the main principle guiding Cambodia’s biggest bank.
At the launch of Phnom Penh's newest market, The Post spoke to customers and stallholders about what the hub of bars, food stalls, shops and live music will add to the city's nightlife.