VisionFund Cambodia is the only microfinance institution in Cambodia with an international network of 36 countries around the world with the social mission to improve the lives of children by offering small loans and other financial services to families. Our work empowers our clients to grow successful businesses which enable children to grow up with improved health and education.Working in partnership with World Vision, we are committed to long-term change which will unlock potential for future generations.
VisionFund is seeking 01 qualified candidate to fill the position of Credit and Recovery Manager to provide leadership, management and technical support to Branch Managers in bad debt recovery in order to effectively manage loan recoveries and written off loans as well as manage and mitigate credit risk.
He/she will be enforcing the company’s credit policy. In this role, will be engaged in conducting credit investigations and collecting delinquent accounts and will communicate all credit related issues to senior management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
• Prepare a contingency plan to prevent and cope with credit risk and other related operational risks to ensure good quality loan portfolios;
• Develop and implement an effective and efficient credit approval process that properly addresses client character, capacity, and collateral following the VisionFund International Credit Manual;
• Manage loan default and written off loans by undertaking daily to monthly analysis and reporting issues/exceptions/severity to Operations Manager and Chief Operations Officer;
• Work with risk management to identify current and potential credit risks and develop suitable mitigation/prevention strategies;
• Work with operations and marketing team to analyze competitive environment at the branch level and recommend alternative competitive strategies;
• Ensure monthly loan recovery work plan has been firmly implemented by loan recovery officers;
• Conduct regularly scheduled field visits as well as surprise visits to ensure credit policies and procedures are properly implemented and followed by field staff;
• Ensure staff understands the contingency plan and knows how/when to put it in place;
• Analyze delinquent accounts and prepare report on highest risk accounts including recommendations for resolution;
• Strengthen the capacity of branch staff through continuous on-the-job training, assessment, coaching, etc;
• Provide leadership and exemplify day-to-day behaviors and attitudes that encourage staff to follow VisionFund’s Mission, Core Values and Christian identity;
• Work with staff to help set personal and professional targets and work towards continuously improving the status quo to achieve those targets;
• Work closely with department heads, unit managers, operations managers and concerned committees to ensure effective communication on credit policies, processes and procedures. Work especially with those responsible for enforcing these policies/processes/procedures;
• Any other duties that may be assigned by the Chief Operations Officer (COO) from time to time.
REQUIREMENT COMPETENCIES :
• Must understand and agree with VisionFund’s Mission, Vision and core values.
• Bachelor Degree in the field of Finance & Banking, Accounting or other related fields;
• A minimum of 5 years experiences in a credit management function, specifically in the area of lending, ideally in a recovery/ collection area in a bank or MFI;
• A minimum of 2 years working as a manager, ideally in a microfinance institution;
• Knowledge of financial statements and cash flow analysis, industry/market credit research;
• Strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills;
• Must have excellent negotiation and problem solving skills, strong math skills. And good training skills;
• Must be fluent (both written and spoken) in the local language, ideally with some level of English.
• Knowledge of Computer proficiency (i.e Ms. Office)
• Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner as well as actively listen to participants concerns, questions and ideas;
• Good management skills with the ability to make decisions in tough circumstances;
• Collaborative, influential and service minded personality;
• Must be very organized in order to handle multiple projects simultaneously;
• Able to manage and lead staff;
• Ability to work under pressure, and highly self-motivated;
• Demonstrate high level of ethical commitment and trustworthiness.
* VisionFund offers candidates a competitive package based on education and experiences. We provide personal development through ongoing training and coaching, opportunity for career growth and empowerment plus a wide range of benefits package to our employees such as Annual Merit Increment, 13th Month Salary, Annual Performance Team Bonus, Team (September) Incentive, Separation Reserved Fund (known as Provident Fund), Health and other support allowances, 24-hour Personal Accident Coverage, Health and Life Insurance and other staff care program such as Staff Annual Retreat and Care Group.
VisionFund is committed to the principles of workplace diversity. Eligible female and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For detailed job description and application form, please visit: http://visionfund.com.kh/careers
Interested? Submit your application form, CVs & Cover Letter by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or
VisionFund Cambodia People & Culture Department: #20, street 71, Sangkat Tonle Basac, Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh, PO Box 479. Tel: 023-6555 066 | 089 333 767
CLOSING DATE: 21 April 2014 @ 5: 00 PM
With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern
Two opposition lawmakers, Nhay Chamroeun and Kong Sakphea were beaten unconscious during protests in Phnom Penh, as over a thousand protesters descended upon the National Assembly.
Students at Phnom Penh's Liger Learning Center have written and published a new book, "The Cambodian Economy".