JOB VACANCY – DEFENCE OFFICE MANAGER
Locally Engaged Employee (Expatriate)
The Australian Embassy invites applications from suitably qualified individuals for the position of Defence Office Manager in the Defence Section, Australian Embassy,Phnom Penh. The position is available from 27 October 2014 on a 12 month renewable contract that includes an initial 3 month probationary period. If the employee remains in the role for at least 2 years the contract will automatically revert to an ongoing permanent contract in accordance with Cambodian Labour Law. The basic monthly salary for the position starts at USD2,036and includes participation in a performance management and bonus scheme. As this is a Designated Security Assessed Position an extra allowance will be applied and assessed on an individual basis.
Successful applicants must be eligible to be granted an Australian Security Clearance.
1. A demonstrated capacity to respond flexibly to changing demands in the workplace and a demonstrated ability to work effectively during periods of high workload and narrow timeframes.
2. Good information managementskills with experience in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook programs.
3. Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to develop good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders and networks.
4.Highly developed oral and written communication skills.
5. A general knowledge of the Australian Defence Force and an ability to quickly learn to interpret and apply Australian Defence Force Financial Management regulations and administrative procedures.
Applications must include:
• A statement (maximum 2 pages) addressing all of the selection criteria;
• A current resume setting out employment and educational history;
• Full contact details, and
• Names and contact details of two referees who have recent knowledge of the applicants work performance.
A full job description of the position can be obtained from the Australian
Applications should be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the following address:
Australian Embassy Phnom Penh
No. 16B National Assembly Street, Phnom Penh
Late applications or applications that do not address the selection criteria will not be considered. Only those applicants short listed for interview will be contacted.
Applications close 4pm on Friday 10th October 2014
The Australian Embassy is an equal opportunity employer and the successful candidate will be selected on merit.
With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern
Two opposition lawmakers, Nhay Chamroeun and Kong Sakphea were beaten unconscious during protests in Phnom Penh, as over a thousand protesters descended upon the National Assembly.
Students at Phnom Penh's Liger Learning Center have written and published a new book, "The Cambodian Economy".