Cambodian League for the Promotion and Defense of Human Rights (LICADHO) is a non-governmental, non-profit and non-political human rights organization established in July 1992. With a central office and thirteen provincial offices, LICADHO aims to promote human rights and the rule of law.
LICADHO is seeking a highly qualified local candidate to fill the position of Deputy Director of Monitoring and Protection for LICADHO’s office in Phnom Penh. The selected candidate will be expected to oversee the staffing, development, implementation and evaluation of the Monitoring and Protection Program.
• Develop, monitor and evaluate program with key project staff in PP and provinces
• Manage over 30 project staff including their development and performance
• Participate and assist to organize internal and external meetings, trainings, conferences and workshops
• Liaise with communities, unions, NGOs, media and other civil society partners; government officials and representatives from the international community
• Assist to investigate high profile cases, monitor events and campaigns
• Draft and report on program activities and deal with funding partners
• Draft, edit and finalize letters, case studies and other documents
• Oversee and manage budget program
Qualifications and Experience:
• Masters university degree in law, political science, journalism or closely related field
• At least 10-years minimum work experience in program management
• Vast experience in dealing with international/local NGO, media and government institutions
• Experience in speaking at conferences and workshops
• Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize, delegate, meet deadlines and work under pressure with minimum supervision
• Demonstrated ability to undertake rapid reading and to summarize the main messages Strong participatory teaching techniques and communication skills
• Team leader, honest, ethical, reliable and able to work with minimum supervision
Qualified candidates should bring curriculum vitae with 3 references and a letter interested in this job, to LICADHO, #16, street 99, Phnom Penh or email: email@example.com , No fax and phone please.
♦ Application deadline : March 04, 2016
♦ Announcement of shortlist : March 14, 2016
♦ Interview : March 26, 2016
♦ Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
♦ Qualified female candidates and disabled candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
♦ Application is free of charge
♦ Documents will not be returned to applicants
With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern
Two opposition lawmakers, Nhay Chamroeun and Kong Sakphea were beaten unconscious during protests in Phnom Penh, as over a thousand protesters descended upon the National Assembly.
Students at Phnom Penh's Liger Learning Center have written and published a new book, "The Cambodian Economy".