Do you have solid advocacy experience and excellent management and leadership skills? The NGO Forum on Cambodia is a unique membership organization consisting of local and international NGOs. It exists to coordinate and equip members, networks of NGOs, and other civil society organizations to actively engage in policy dialogue, debate, and advocacy on multiple issues including land and natural resources management, environment and economic issues with and for poor and vulnerable people in Cambodia. The NGO Forum is seeking qualified Cambodian candidates to fill the position of Deputy Executive Director (in charge of program).
The Deputy Executive Director (DED) is a full-time staff member of the NGO Forum, who reports to the Executive Director. The main role of DED is to ensure the efficient and effective implementation of the NGO Forum’s current action plan to achieve at least 80% of their required indicators with resources available. The position requires technical advocacy inputs, strategic direction and strong communication with members, Donors, Development Partners and the Royal Government of Cambodia.
• Masters degree in relevant field, 5 years experience in management, planning, monitoring and evaluation of development projects, or relevant Bachelor’s degree with 8 years experience as above.
• Excellent organizational management skills.
• Excellent writing skills in both English and Khmer.
• In-depth Knowledge of advocacy techniques and strategies.
• Good knowledge of the development issues affecting Cambodia.
• Good understanding of the role of NGOs in civil society.
• Good understanding of the different impacts of development on women and men.
• Team player, with good interpersonal skills.
• Familiar with standard computer applications, Khmer font typing skills also desirable.
• Not affiliated with any political party, nor holding any government position.
Qualified and interested candidates should submit CV and cover letter with expected salary to the NGO Forum no later than 01st April 2014 (5:00 pm) via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning clearly the position to which they are applying. For more details about the NGO Forum and Job Description please visit our website: www.ngoforum.org.kh. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Post Khmer Editor-in-Chief Kay Kimsong sat down with Dr In Channy, President and Group Managing Director of ACLEDA Bank Plc, to explore the main principle guiding Cambodia’s biggest bank.
At the launch of Phnom Penh's newest market, The Post spoke to customers and stallholders about what the hub of bars, food stalls, shops and live music will add to the city's nightlife.
"I believe that Cambodian people have creativity in their blood ... There will come a time where a Golden Age of cinema will come back."