SOFRECO (www.sofreco.com) is a French leading company in consultancy and technical assistance for development. Constantly expanding, SOFRECO has carried out more than 1100 assignments in over 130 countries, in close collaboration with institutional beneficiaries, the private sector and civil society.
SOFRECO launches a recruitment of Cambodian consultants for the “Technical Assistance for the implementation of Preks of Kandal Component (TA-Preks)” from MOWRAM, funded by the French Development Agency. The project aims to rehabilitate 30 first Preks in the Kandal province, providing global support to the beneficiaries and users. It will last 4 years, starting from mid-October 2014.
SOFRECO is offering an executive consulting position of Deputy Team Leader (national) with the following responsibilities among the 10-member team:
• Assist the international Team Leader in coordinating the team
• Provide Monitoring and Evaluation services
• Coordinate and conduct stakeholder consultations, workshops, and meetings
• Represent the Consultant in relations with the Client and AFD
• Coordinate with other consultants in :
o community development and agriculture development
o land survey, land titling certificates, and resettlement
o supervision of rehabilitation works
o operation and maintenance of Preks
o analysis and mitigation of environmental impacts
• Design, provide and supervise capacity building of farmers and PDWRAM staff
The required qualifications are:
• At least a master’s degree or equivalent in agricultural civil engineering, hydrology or community development
• At least 10 years of experience in agricultural development related to irrigation and project management
• At least 7 years of experience working as project management and coordination
• Perfect fluency in Khmer in English
Applications showing lower qualifications will not be examined.
The position is full-time during the 4 years of the project, under freelance consultant contract.
Other positions are available for international senior experts, as for example: i) Team Leader / Social Water Management specialist, and ii) Irrigation Engineer
In case of interest, please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before August 31st, 2014 indicating your contact details.
Even though games such as “Fight for the leaf” or “Hide the towel” are traditionally played during the Khmer New Year holidays
One of 23 islands in the sea of Koh Kong, Koh Kmoch (Ghost Island) has a wealth of corals and other sealife visible through its crystal clear water.
In today’s world of fast-changing technology, Cambodia is seeing increasing innovation in financial services.