Your main responsibilities:
Under the overarching supervision of the Detention Team Leader (DTL) but immediate supervision of the Detention Delegate, the Detention Field Officer (DFO) participates in all aspects of ICRC visits to Cambodian prisons (i.e. discussions with detainees and prison authorities etc.) to promote humane conditions of detention. Within the scope of this work, the DFO provides protocol-sensitive oral translation as well as professional translation of written documents and representations. The DFO is expected to contribute actively to analysis of both prison environments as well as country context.
Your education and experience:
• University degree or equivalent in political science, law, economics, anthropology/social science,
• At least 2 to 4 years’ work experience in a similar field with a humanitarian or development organization,
• Experience working and/or coordinating with government institutions,
• Experience working with marginalized communities and/or participating in social reintegration efforts is a strong asset (i.e. MithSamlanh, Hagar etc.),
• Experience doing professional translation work an asset,
• Knowledge of Criminal Procedure Code, Penal Code, Law on Prisons and/or other legislation linked to detention.
• Pro-active with a strong sense of responsibility and integrity,
• Resourceful, with strong organizational skills and able to fulfil assigned tasks with minimal supervision,
• Excellent interpersonal / communication skills. Demonstrated ability to work in team settings with people from diverse backgrounds,
• Strong interest in humanitarian work – particularly in relation to places of detention,
• Strong written and spoken English,
• Good computer skills (Ms. Office, internet, email…etc),
• Readiness to travel and spend extended periods in rural areas of Cambodia.
• Dynamic and challenging work in the humanitarian and international environment
• Good working conditions and in-house training/ development
• Attractive package dependent on qualifications
As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage the candidacy of women and persons with disability.
Qualified applicants are requested to submit their comprehensive CVand letter of motivation in English, as well as salary expectations,by email only to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Specify position name at your email title)
Attn: Human Resources Department
Deadline for applications: 27 September 2017
Kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be invited for the interview
Following last week's events, when Prime Minister Hun Sen proposed redistributing the Cambodia National Rescue Party’s National Assembly seats among minor opposition parties, the controversial amendments were passed a
The Indigenous People's Lodge in the lush highlands of Mondulkiri, one of the Kingdom's most sparsely populated provinces, offers of a taste of traditional life.
Watch our video to find out more.