The NGO Forum on Cambodia (NGO Forum) is a membership organization consisting of local and international NGOs. It exists to coordinate and equip members, networks of NGOs, and other civil society organizations to actively engage in policy dialogue, debate, and advocacy with and for poor and vulnerable people in Cambodia. The NGO Forum is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position of Development Issues Program (DIP) Manager
Overall responsibilities of Development Issues Program (DIP) Manager:
Under the guidance and direct supervision of Deputy Executive Director in charge of Programs, DIP Manager provides overall technical and analytical leadership to project team under Development Issues Program including Development Policy, Aid Effectiveness, National Budget, and Economic Development Policy. DIP Manager represents the NGO Forum and its network members on related program issues and work in close collaboration with Core program and other programs, civil society, development partners, and government officials ensuring successful implementation of the program’s Action Plan.
Key Qualifications Development Issues Program (DIP) Manager:
• Master’s degree in development economics, development studies, or a related subject with three years relevant experience (NGOs, development, advocacy, management, research), or Bachelor degree with five years relevant experience
• In-depth knowledge of government and development in Cambodia
• Strong understanding and experience in policy dialogue, debate and advocacy
• Strong experience in Project Cycle Management, Staff management and team building
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain a professional network
• Excellent oral and written communication skill both Khmer and English
Qualified and interested candidates shall submit CV and cover letter with specific clearly the position you apply for to the NGO Forum [Application for DIP Manager_Mr/Ms_Name_Day/Month/Year] , expected salary, and how they find the job advertisement to the NGO Forum no later than 13th February 2014 (5:00 pm) via e-mail: email@example.com, Tel: 023 214 429. Hard copy applications are not accepted. For more details about the NGO Forum and Job Description and ToR please visit our website: www.ngoforum.org.kh. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Angelina Jolie's First They Killed My Father depicts some of the atrocities committed during the Pol Pot regime, including mass killings, forced labour and the conscription of children as soldiers.
Brought over by the French, painted cement tile making has been incorporated into Cambodian design for more than a century, even as the industry has died out in Europe.
The story of Loung Ung and her family’s suffering under the Khmer Rouge became known around the world with the success of her autobiographical book, First They Killed My Father.