BBC Media Action is the BBC’s international development charity. We believe in the power of media and communication to help reduce poverty and support people in understanding their rights. Our aim is to
inform, connect and empower people around the world.
Overall Purpose of Job: To lead the Online Team of BBC Media Action to produce weekly content as well as oversee the technical aspects on websites and social media of the projects within the organization.
Essential skills and experience
• Demonstrable experience of working in the development sector
• Good general knowledge of the challenges and opportunities of using media for development
• Strong decision-making and organisational skills - able to schedule and prioritise people, resources and activities to meet operational deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills with fluency in written and spoken Khmer and English
• Excellent IT knowledge including with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Interested applicants should submit a CV with an introduction letter detailing skills and outlining what they can bring to the job. Please do not include certificates. Send to: BBC Media Action, #296 (4th - 7th floor), St. 271, Sangkat Toul Tompung II, Khan Chamkarmorn, P.O. Box 155, Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Or email
firstname.lastname@example.org. Tel: 023 997 435.
Only short-listed candidates will be called to attend an interview. Closing Date: 18thJuly 2014. The BBC is an equal opportunities employer.
With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern
Two opposition lawmakers, Nhay Chamroeun and Kong Sakphea were beaten unconscious during protests in Phnom Penh, as over a thousand protesters descended upon the National Assembly.
Students at Phnom Penh's Liger Learning Center have written and published a new book, "The Cambodian Economy".