The Kampuchea Institute of Certified Public Accountants and Auditors (KICPAA or the Institute) is the statutory body and regulator for accounting profession in Cambodia which was established by the Law on Corporate Accounts, Their Audits, and Accounting Profession (2002) and the Law on Accounting and Auditing (2016) of the Kingdom of Cambodia. The Institute was established in a view to protect public interest; to enhance the value of the accounting profession; to govern its members through development and enforcing compliance with standards, professional code, rules and regulations; to develop; and to manage certified public accountancy (CPA) program.
In an effort to extend its activities and outreach, KICPAA is seeking one qualified and experienced candidate to fulfill the position of Education Manager based in Phnom Penh to assist in implementation of the (CPA) program.
The Education Manager will lead the Education and Training Department of KICPAA. This Department is a key department responsible for CPA program and others relevant short course trainings. The Education Manager have a direct reporting to Executive Director and eventually to KICPAA’s Governing Councils. She/he will work in collaboration with others key stakeholders such as National Accounting Council, Higher Education Department of Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport, Universities, selected tuition providers, the outsources examiners, the publishers for training materials and the international syllabus provider.
Role and Responsibilities:
Her/his roles and responsibilities are, but not limited to, the followings:
• Manage day to day operation of Education and Training Department.
• Ensure smooth implementation of CPA program, examination and its achievement in accordance with the annual budget work plan and strategic direction as approved by CPA program committee and the Governing Councils of KICPAA.
• Oversee the exam papers by working closely with the outsourced examiners and ensure its strict confidentiality.
• Oversee the process of exam marking and announcement of result per each paper, ensure that it’s processed with strict confidentiality and fairness.
• Coordinate with the international technical providers to ensure that the CPA syllabus are up to date, relevant to the market development and in accordance with the Education Standards issued by IFAC.
• Coordinate and support CPA Committee to maintain and leverage the quality of CPA program from time to time.
• Develop the CPA examination policies/regulations
• Develop and manage training programs within KICPAA and members
• Maintain relationship and build networking with Government, Employers, Partners, Local universities, and selected tuition providers, students, accounting profession bodies in ASEAN and region, and other stakeholders.
• Prepare monthly reports, progress reports, minutes of CPA program meetings, annual budget for the program
• Oversee database system of CPA program, and
• Other tasks assigned by Executive Director, Education Committee, Education Sub-Committee and/or Governing Councils.
• Master Degree in Education, Human Resource, Business Administration or related field
• Have at least fiveyears experiences in senior management position
• Have at least three years experiences in managing academic program at high education is more preferable Excellent in problem identifying and solving,and good analytical skills
• Ability to do proposal and reports
• Good communication and presentations skills
• English Proficiency
• Willing to work under pressure and travel
Application information and Closing Date:
Interested candidates, please send their curriculum Vitae to email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or place your hardcopy at KICPAA oce at Street 92, Sangkat Wat Phnom, Khan Daun Penh, Phnom Penh before or by 15 October 2016. Softcopy is preferred.
email@example.com / www.kicpaa.org.kh
With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern
Two opposition lawmakers, Nhay Chamroeun and Kong Sakphea were beaten unconscious during protests in Phnom Penh, as over a thousand protesters descended upon the National Assembly.
Students at Phnom Penh's Liger Learning Center have written and published a new book, "The Cambodian Economy".