If you are qualifiedand have international experience in education programme planning, you are invited to apply for an 8-month temporaryassignmentwith The United Nations Children’s Fund in Phnom Penh. We are looking for an
to focus on strengthening the implementation of the Ministry of Education, Youth, and Sport’s (MoEYS)Policy on Child Friendly Schools in primary and lower secondary schools
Ideally you will have:
• A Master’s Degree in Education, International Development, Economics, Social Sciences or related field
• At least 2 years of relevant work experience related to education in low or middle-income countries
• Experience working in the UN or other international development organisations
• Experience of providing technical support to Ministries of Education in terms of institutionalisation of CFS, Multilingual Education, Inclusive Education or WASH in schools
• Experience of project management
• A strong drive for results, setting high standards for the quality of work
• Respect and adherence to UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Inclusion, and Integrity
• Fluency in English (verbal and written), and knowledge of another UN language
If you meet these requirements, and are passionate about joining our team, please check the full details at www.unicef.org/employ. The deadline for receipt of applications is 28 November 2014.
With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern
Two opposition lawmakers, Nhay Chamroeun and Kong Sakphea were beaten unconscious during protests in Phnom Penh, as over a thousand protesters descended upon the National Assembly.
Students at Phnom Penh's Liger Learning Center have written and published a new book, "The Cambodian Economy".