Finn Church Aid (FCA) is a significant Finnish NGO in development cooperation and humanitarian aid. FCA operates in over twenty countries across four continents, and has over 60 years of experience. In Asia, our working countries are Cambodia, Myanmar and Nepal. FCA specializes in supporting local communities in three priority areas: right to education, right to peace and right to livelihood. We work through local and international partnerships.
FCA is a founding member of ACT Alliance, a member of Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (HAP) and Global Education Cluster Working Group. FCA also works actively with the Inter-Agency Network of Education in Emergencies (INEE).
FCA is seeking for a committed candidate for the position of Education Program Coordinator for its Asia Regional Office in Phnom Penh to be a part of our multi-cultural team and to further develop FCA’s work in the field of education.
• Ensure that quality of education is implemented in R2E projects
• Conduct program planning, monitoring and evaluation (PME)
• Report writing and documentation
• Coordinate and contribute to project initiatives and project proposals with special focus on secondary education and vocational training
• Facilitate and contribute to capacity building of partner and FCA staff
• Establish and maintain excellent working relations with the government, local and international partners and networks
• Develop FCA’s role in related networks and provide support to partners in education sector and in youth networks, particularly in “Changemaker”
Key requirements and qualifications:
• University Degree in education, social sciences or related field
• Minimum of 5 years’experience working with INGO in similar duties
• Sound knowledge in project planning and implementation, including financial/budget management skills, review and monitoring of project activities
• Proven skills and experience in report writing.
• Excellent knowledge in education related development work and humanitarian aid
• Good understanding of national plans and policies related to education, development and humanitarian approaches and standards( Sphere, INEE) and Education in Emergencies (EiE)
• Good understanding of partnerships management as well as should be able to develop the capacity of staff and partners
• Excellent coordination, networking and presentation skills to work with partners at all levels
• Willingness to travel in- and outside of Cambodia and work independently
• Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
• Fluency in English, both written and oral
• Experience working with peace activities ( e.g. peace education) will be an asset
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and cover letter (without certificates) to FCA by e-mail: email@example.com. Application deadline is on Friday 3rd January 2014. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. We will aim to fill the position as soon as possible. A detailed job description is available upon request.
Mrs Keo Mom is the director of LY LY Food Industry as well as the head of the Cambodia Women Enterpreneurs Association.
The bodies of four Cambodian peacekeepers killed by a Christian militia in Central African Republic were repatriated to the Kingdom and honoured in an airport ceremony on May 21.
In sleepy Sre Preang town in Preah Vihear province, two abandoned bulldozers sit on either side of the street in front of Brame Commune Hall.
In response to a CNRP request to allow garment workers to take a day off on the Monday after the June 4 commune elections, the National Election Co