Job Posting: National Democratic Institute -- Evaluation Consultant(s)
The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) seeks the services of a qualified evaluation team with expertise in the democracy and governance sector to conduct a final evaluation of a 5 year USAID funded program. The evaluation team will assess the overall performance of the program and the degree to which its key elements were effective in achieving program objectives.
The evaluation team is responsible for:
• Conducting the evaluation and developing a detailed evaluation design including finalizing key and sub-questions,
• Identifying subjects for interviews,
• Designing and implementing focus groups, and
• Finalizing data collection and analysis methods.
• NDI will be involved with design, planning, and logistics, but the evaluation team is required to provide significant and overall leadership and direction, as well as having the final responsibility for the major evaluation duties and deliverables.
• Perfect fluency in English, preferably a native English speaker;
• At least 15-20 years working experience in nongovernmental or bilateral organizations in the areas of democracy and governance; work experience outside Cambodia a must;
• A master’s degree or PhD in a relevant field from a foreign university;
• Experience in election-related evaluations (observation, election laws/regulations);
• Excellent understanding of Cambodian politics;
• Research design -- statistical research background (monitoring and evaluation, polling, sampling) essential;
• Excellent organizational, logistical, and writing skills (in English);
• Strong teamwork and management skills.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send their application and CV highlighting relevant experience and technical proposal including budget to Max West at [email protected]. Closing Date: May 15, 2014
The technical proposal should contain:
1. A written statement of interest and qualifications (no more than five pages in length) highlighting: prospective data collection options for this program, including experience with each proposed approach; relevant experience and thematic expertise of team members; the tasks each member would fulfill;
2. A current CV for each member of the evaluation team;
3. At least two client references from past evaluation work;
4. One example of a previous evaluation inception report written by a member of the team
5. One example of an assessment or evaluation report written by a member of the team
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be notified for interview CV and writing samples are not returnable
A detailed Terms of Reference is available at http://www.eval.org/p/cm/ld/fid=113.