About Us:The Cambodia Hotel Association (CHA) is the umbrella body for hotels in Cambodia. It was established in 2004. Since then, its membership base has grown to more than 50 hotels. Its day-to-day operations is managed by a full-time secretariat headed by its executive director, who reports directly to the CHA board.
• Promote and market CHA and its regional chapters in order to enroll more members and partners/sponsors.
• Conduct all administrativeoffice duties.
• Setup efficient communication towards members and third parties through:
- CHA Websiteo
- CHA Monthly Newslettero
- CHA Members staff Job offers/demand weekly o emailing
• Ensure the organization and reporting of all working committees.
• Ensure the organization and promotion of events such as:
- CHA - Seminar/Conferenceso
- CHA - Working Committeeso
- CHA - Monthly Meetingso
- CHA - Yearly CHA Galao
• Cooperate with and assist all CHA regional chapters’ boards.
• Plan and ensure strict accounting and financial procedures.
• Develop and ensure high level services to Members.
• Guide, support, train and supervise CHA staff
• Maintain relations with the Government, organizations and any third parties in respect with the Board instructions.
• Ensure that CHA meets all of its obligations.
• Maintain and safeguard the assets, records and documents.
• Organize and schedule Boards meetings as directed by the President.
• Record minutes of the CHA Boards meetings and formalize share with Board.
• Update the Board and Members on any political, legal or tourism related information.
• Be active and visible in tourism related societies.
• Serve as the Association’s representative towards the government and other organizations.
• Project a positive and professional image as a representative of CHA.
The ideal candidatewill:
• Be a motivator, guide and coach for staff.
• Be committed to serving and supporting CHA and its principals.
• Exhibit integrity and honesty at all times.
• Be self-motivated.
• Be cooperative, responsive, diplomatic, friendly and persuasive.
• Be a team player.
• Be able to set goals and objectives.
• Efficiently set and meet deadlines.
• Prioritize work tasksand accomplish them expeditiously.
• Perform multiple tasks and coordinate many activities.
• Efficiently manage financials and budgets.
• Have excellent analytical problem-solving skills.
• Have very good English writing and editing skills.
• Have good public speaking skills.
• Be available to travel as required.
• Experience of working with professional associations and/or tourism related industrypreferred
How to apply
Please send your CV and a brief accompanying letter saying why you want to work for Cambodia Hotel Association (CHA) to email@example.com or submit documents to CHA office: #53D, Street 242, Phnom Penh, Kingdom of Cambodia, no later than February 17, 2014.
Contact information: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org,
Tel: 077 966 520 or 012 895 914
In today’s world of fast-changing technology, Cambodia is seeing increasing innovation in financial services.
Post Khmer Editor-in-Chief Kay Kimsong sat down with Dr In Channy, President and Group Managing Director of ACLEDA Bank Plc, to explore the main principle guiding Cambodia’s biggest bank.
At the launch of Phnom Penh's newest market, The Post spoke to customers and stallholders about what the hub of bars, food stalls, shops and live music will add to the city's nightlife.