Initially established in Cambodia in 1996 as a project of the International HIV/AIDS Alliance, KHANA started operating as an NGO in 1997 and was officially registered as a local NGO in 2000. Since then, it has made outstanding contributions to the HIV response and other related emerging issues in Cambodia. KHANA now looks forward to its advancement as a leading health and development NGO, continuing to achieve sustainable outcomes through evidence-based programs. Strategically embracing change in the funding landscape and evolving Cambodian society, KHANA is restructuring to ideally position itself to achieve greater impact in the sector, with a future of greater health access for Cambodia’s poorest and most vulnerable people.
In line with this vision KHANA is now seeking an exceptional Cambodian organizational leader for the following vacancy:
Executive Director (ED)
The ED is the most senior employee of KHANA, ultimately responsible for all of the activities of the organisation and accountable to the Board for KHANA’s performance, reputation and impact on the issues it seeks to address. The ED is the ‘face‘ of KHANA to a wide variety of external bodies, including the Royal Government of Cambodia (RGC), the international donor community, The Alliance, other NGOs, including KHANA’s implementing partners, and the many individuals served by the organisation. The ED leads by example, and s/he will inspire the staff of KHANA to pursue its new vision by achieving clearly defined success factors. The ED will communicate KHANA’s learning to international and national audiences, and will maintain the organisation’s position as a leading Cambodian health and developement NGO. The ED will ensure, as a priority, that in all KHANA’s work its core values are visibly adhered to, maintained and clearly communicated to all relevant internal and external stakeholders. With strong business acumen, s/he will develop additional revenue streams through its Centres of Excellence and networks.
Summary of specific responsibilities include:
• Strategically and collaboratively develop a bold new 5 year vision for KHANA
• Contribute to a boosted KHANA Strategic Plan (KSP15)
• Effective business development founded on sustainable development goals (SDG)
• Provide inspired leadership to continue the seamless transition to the new vision
• Maintain close relationships with external and internal clients and promote KHANA
• Master’s degree, with an undergraduate degree in Health/Science (or a related field)
• Minimum of 10 years of senior management experience, preferably within the NGO sector in Cambodia
• Leadership in organizational change management (preferably driving at least one organizational restructure)
• Demonstrated expertise in business development and the sourcing of new markets
• Able to interpret and provide high level managerial responses in regard to complex financial situations
• Proven experience in one or more of KHANA’s key activity areas
Interested candidates should send a resume (maximum six pages), together with a cover letter specifically addressing the above requirements and outlining their motivation for the post by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on 15th December 2014. Only short-listed candidates will be notified for a written test and interview. A detailed job description for this position is available for download at the KHANA website (www.khana.org.kh).
KHANA is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from appropriate, qualified people from all sections of the community. Qualified people from marginalized populations, disabled people and women are particularly encouraged to apply.
With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern
Two opposition lawmakers, Nhay Chamroeun and Kong Sakphea were beaten unconscious during protests in Phnom Penh, as over a thousand protesters descended upon the National Assembly.
Students at Phnom Penh's Liger Learning Center have written and published a new book, "The Cambodian Economy".