Phare Ponleu Selpak (PPS) is a not-for-profit Cambodian registered organization, who has been, for more than 20 years, offering vulnerable and underprivileged children and youth unique opportunities in their lives to develop themselves and their families through visual art, graphic design, animation, music, theatre, dance and circus training, social support and general education.
Phare Ponleu Selpak Association is looking for an Executive Director who is responsible for implementing the strategy decided by the Board of Directors of the Association, association operation management and fundraising.
Job Title: Executive Director
Report to: Board of Directors
Advised by: Founders Committee
Collaborate with: PPS France, Phare Performing Social Enterprise, Collectif Clown d’ailleursetd’ici, local communities, local authorities and local and international donors and development partners.
1. MAIN OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
Under the authority of the Chairperson of the Board of Directors of the association, the ED is responsible for implementing the strategy proposed by the team and validated by the Board of Directors of the Association. He/she ensures that teamwork is encouraged and every employee feels valued. He / she is responsible for fundraising to sustain the actions of the association.
Overseen by the Board of Directors,the The Executive Director is responsible for the following major functions:
1) Implement the strategy proposed by the ED and the team, approved by the Board of Directors and organize a reporting all quarters of this implementation
2) Manage a team of more than one hundred HR strength of the association and recruit executives of the association expatriate or national
3) Implement the budget set by the Board of Directors
4) Supervise the proposals submitted to donors and narrative and proceedings
To these financial
5) Preventing fraud and abuse of power
6) Represent the organization with local authorities, donors and partners
7) Create strong links with the French association that supports the financing of the association
8) To obtain public and private funding to sustain the action of the association.
2. THREE KEY ISSUES FOR THE YEARS 2015-2018
The ED has a key role to register the project of the association in the futurebased on itsroots and history. The coherence of the group management and all teams will also be a priority. It is also very important at this stage of development of the association to master piloting economic project both in the short term over the medium / long term.
3. CANDIDATE PROFILE
The ED will meet the following criteria:
1) high-level training, +5 or equivalent higher education
2) Experience Management of NGOs/Association and / or business internationally at least 5 to 10 years.
3) Interest in development aid
4) Strong team management experience
5) Good knowledge of financial management and entrepreneurial experience would be an asset
6) A strong background, knowledge or training on artistic subjects would be a plus
7) Fluent in English
• Excellent command of English and Khmer is a plus
• Strong leadership, human relations and problem solving skills
• Result-oriented, positive attitude and able to work under pressure.
The position is based in Battambang province, Cambodia. It is necessary to reside locally and Travel and internationally for relations with donors, local authorities and social enterprise. The anticipated contract is a permanent contract. It is desirable that the ED will invest over a period of 4 to 5 years in the organization.
The gross remuneration of 3,000 US Dollars per month inclusive of Cambodian income tax with no additional allowances.
Interested applicants please send application with resume and recent photo to PPS by email address: [email protected], tel.: 053 952 424. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview. Interviews will be done concurrently with application from suitable candidates received.
Closing date: May 20, 2015