Save the Children currently seeks a Finance and Administration Manager base in Battambang for an anticipated USAID-funded Cambodia Integrated Nutrition, Hygiene, and Sanitation project in Cambodia. The goal of the $16m, five-year project is to improve the nutritional status of mothers and children in Cambodia and will focus on: 1) Increased household-level practice of key Essential Nutrition Actions; 2) Increased use of improved sanitation facilities; 3) Improved hygiene behaviors; and 4) Increased capacity of private and public sector partners to promote healthy behaviors.
The Finance and Administration Manager is responsible for overseeing project finances and other operational and administrative duties for the integrated program funded by USAID. The position will supervise all grant management and reporting on grant performance as well as provide financial and technical management to ensure best use of resources by preparing sound budgets, monitoring project expenses, ensuring timely preparation of donor financial reports and providing technical guidance to the initial set up and monitoring of key program delivery modalities.
Qualified candidates should possess the following skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, or other relevant field required and a professional qualification in Accounting is desired
• A minimum of 10 years’ direct work experience in the financial and administrative management of programs funded by the U.S. Government, including experience managing finance for USAID-funded projects or other US Government donors
• Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of USAID financial management rules and regulations
• Demonstrated capacity and prior experience in managing the personnel, administrative and logistical functions of programs and projects
• Demonstrated strong analytical, leadership and interpersonal skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in team situations.
• Proven ability to prepare budgets and donor financial reports
• Demonstrated capacity and prior experience in supervising others as a coach/mentor to train staff and develop financial skills of colleagues
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. Knowledge of Khmer language preferred.
How to apply
A detailed Job Description is available from our website or at the address below. Please submit a CV and cover letter by email or post to the Human Resources attention Mr. Pich Sarakmony, HR/Admin Manager at Save the Children no later than 05.00PM on 10 December 2013. Previous applicants need not to re-apply.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer. Electronic submission via email or our website is strongly encouraged. Qualified women and disable people candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and called for interviews. Application and CVs will not be returned.
With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern
Two opposition lawmakers, Nhay Chamroeun and Kong Sakphea were beaten unconscious during protests in Phnom Penh, as over a thousand protesters descended upon the National Assembly.
Students at Phnom Penh's Liger Learning Center have written and published a new book, "The Cambodian Economy".